View Single Post

Old 01-21-2001, 06:52 AM

Looks like a pretty nice project. Car looks to be in decent shape. If I were you, I would start with the body. Pull the motor out and clean up the engine compartment and repaint it and get it looking good before you put the new motor in. As far as the motor, just pretty much basically rebuild it pretty much stock. Just put a alum. intake, four barrel and headers and see how you like that first and go from there. As far the body goes, I just hook up my rotary sander to the air-compressor and sand it off with a light grade of paper. An electric drill w/ a sanding pad on it works too but it may wear the the drill out after a while. It's very time consuming but it works for the outer body panels. If you get into tight spots where you aren't in any danger of warping body panels, you can sandblast or blast them with some other material too. It can be messy and take a while to get the sand out of the car, but it's quick and easy if you do it right. I could go on and on but I'm not going to right a "how to" book here. When you get the body done, let us know and we'll chat you through the next step.