View Single Post

Old 12-23-2001, 02:53 AM
Inactive User

Default 1.5

I dont think these type of questions are totally moot. Besides being fun, this can be educational, as well. Subjective? Oh, yeah! The three obvious variables might be: Gas availability, driveabilty and dependability. Compromises can be found, from person to person, in what he or she is willing to sacrifice in order to drive much on the street. So that is where the subjectivity comes in. Now, I'm speaking strictly within the guidelines of the question as defined by Jim. There is the "grey" area, tho, IMO concerning gas availabilty. If, as was stated in a post, you can go down to the 76 Station and get "pump 100-110"octain then that, for you, IS pump gas! (BTW, I can do this, too--costs $3.39 per for me) BUT, that would be a COMPROMISE that I agree to live with if I want to run 12 to 1 CR in my "street" car! For some, this would'nt even be in the equation. Well, probably for most! But I hope you see my point. Another example: I know from reading other posts by DartGT66, that he does not plan on driving that car on the street much--correct me if I'm wrong, Dart. Why? Because he knows that sustained street driving on motors making that kind of hp per inch is risky. Who knows WHAT you might encounter on the road?! And why gamble when you've got $$$$$ tied up in a car? Well...I'll shut up now. thanks my .02