View Single Post

Old 04-20-1999, 11:33 PM
Ramcharger 4x4

To begin with, I have 3 79 Ramchargers. If you have any questions about your truck, email me at dodge4x4@visi.net. I have learned alot about them thru trial and error and from being the president of a now deceased club for Ramcharger / Trailduster owners (about 150 members worldwide). That being said, I am aware of no lifts that were factory installed, but the factory did install 4" blocks under the rear springs to increase the height on the 4wd versions. This prevented having to put in deeper arched springs in the rear (to match ride height with the front springs), and therefore rougher riding. They better not be rubber, or you are driving a time bomb waiting to crumble apart. The easy way to make a body lift, is to buy 9" long flat boat rollers, and cut them in 3" long pieces. They come with the hole already drilled, are the same diameter as the factory bushings, and are solid. I did this on mine and saved myself $ 120 over a store bought body lift (they are more expensive for a sport ute).