View Single Post

Old 11-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Inactive User

Hey Demon, I have a few follow up questions on TQ's. I happen to have a few of the late model 800cfm TQ's (9369s) with the vacuum assisted solenoid bowl vent. Hopefully, without giving your trade secrets away you can answer the following:

1. where can I find a new or rebuilt bowl vent solenoid? Every one I find has a ruptured or deteriorated vacuum diaphragm. Rebuild kits do not include new diaphragms.

2. Since I am not using the TQ on a original "pollution control" vehicle with fuel vapor recovery system, is the bowl vent solenoid necessary? The only concern I have is fuel evaporation on a hot engine after it is stopped. Other than that, I can find no performance difference with the solenoid removed.

3. which vacuum port is best used for a direct route to the vacuum advance on the distributor? I have been using the port on the front left (driver side) and my stock sb runs fine. I have a meduim build street 360 which I will be swapping soon and would like to know for sure to prevent detonation from premature advance during break in.

The TQ truly are amazing carbs. I can slap one on a stock 318 and tune within 5 minutes with no bog... remember, 800cfm! I can put the same TQ on built 340 or 360 and deliver all the performance I need for street. I have played with these carbs a while and found some slight mods to open up the airflow on the lower plate secondaries.... but I'm keepin that to myself also.

Demon, you say you have the correct jig to drill the lower plate and install butterfly shaft bushings. I have 2 lower plates that need some help. Give me your contact info and I will send them your way. $35 plus $5 per bushing is a deal! Thanks for any suggestion to the above questions.