View Single Post

Old 05-26-2003, 05:29 AM
Inactive User

GTX vs sleeper camaro/427 vett

Back in late 68, I bought a 69 GTX with a 440, 4 speed, air grabber and super track pack option (4.10 gears). Later on during 1969, I ran into an old freind that had a 69 camaro with a 427, 4 speed. It was a real sleeper with just the slightest hint of dual exhausts to give it away. We decided to try them out and much to his surprise, I kicked his ass by at least 3 to 4 lengths. The following week, I ran into him again only this time he was a passenger in his buddy's 69, 427 vette. He shouted out that I was very lucky blowing his doors off last week but it certainly wouldn't happen against the vette. I had a passenger in my car too, so it's not like I had an advantage. The vett took me out the chutes and held its edge all the way through second and halfway through third. But then I started to pull and by the time I banged fourth, I pulled slightly ahead, beating him by about a quarter of a length as we went through the markers. Boy was he pissed off. He was a big old boy named BUBBA (true name, beleive it or not). He yelled that if I ever told anyone about this that he would kick my ass. Yea, like that really scared me. He'd hafta catch me first and I already proved that THAT wasn't going to happen. I told everyone.