View Single Post

Old 06-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Inactive User

I bought a used 69 GTX in late 1970, just after the 71's came out. The GTX was a 440/6Bbl, 833, with a Dana60. It was Root Beer brown (I don't remember the real name of the color). Black interior with buckets, but no console. I bought it with a little over 1600 miles on it. I sold it in 1986 with 36,000 miles on it . I think that was one of my bad moves.

I bought a new pick up, and a new van in '76, both were dodges, both had 318's and 727's. In 86 I bought another Dodge van with another 318. I sold it last year with 301,000+ miles on it to a friend who uses it daily, still.

I'm now working on a 72 Dart. I'm 53 now, and it's not as easy as it used to be. I just pulled the engine a few minutes ago, and I'm tired! Now it's time for the computer, a few Coors', and some classic star Trek reruns on the Sci-Fi channel!!!.

I can't believe what a small world it is. Two MoPar gear heads from Jersey 30+ years ago, now living in California and Georgia, and running into each other on a chat board.

Do you remember The Robins Nest in Elizabeth? It was place with live bands and dancing, and no booze. My late Father-in-Law was the manager of it. He drove a '58 Chrysler 300 with a 392 Hemi. I used to love that car, and I told him if he ever sold it, I want first crack at it. Unfortunately, his wife got first "CRACK" at it. She parked it near a receiving dock at Woodbridge Mall, at a semi backed into it. I managed to salvage the drive train, which went into a Yellow '32 Ford Vicky!

The Bayway Circle! Yeah, a friend and I were out there on a Sunday Morning at about 3AM. We must have driven around that thing 50 times. I VW vs. a Pinto. Both bone stock, and both dead slow! I broke a shock on the rear of the Pinto, so I lost. Breakfast was on me. We ate at a small all night dinner in Rahway, not for from the prison.

Wow, some really good memories!!!