View Single Post

Old 01-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Inactive User

As I said before I really don't want a stroker motor. Dependability and money are an issue as is having a capable machine. I am not asking anyone to make my decision for me just want to have enough info on pros and cons of each motor to make an educated decision for myself. The main reason I like the 318 is because the truck could have come with one from the factory.

I remember a truck my dad had when I was growing up and how underpowered it was for what he needed it to do. He would cuss that motor every time he had to climb Ashton Hill (Near Island Park in Idaho). He eventually built a motor to go in the small V8's place. I want to try and skip a step by starting with a V-8 that is big enough. If you think I can build a 318 Poly (one of my favorite motors) with enough grunt (Seemed to have plenty for a Huge '60 Dodge Phoenix but don't know about a loaded down truck) without breaking the bank, this is the route I would like to go.

I will have more info including the rear end ratio to post up later this weekend. I need to crawl under it and lube it up.