View Single Post

Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Banned

Cry

well, just saw my head off and s--t down my throat. I thought he wanted a good motor with a reassonable amount of power. Did i say a 318 makes more power than a 360?nooooooooooooo I said it will give a 360 a run for its money. The 360 has hevier pistons, that means its harder on it to run at high rpm's. And, i think he's talking bout a truck engine, so big whoop on the 3500 and up power. dodge knew what they were doing when they desighned them both, and they both serve their purpose well, a 318 is way more efficient at low rpm because of its little intake ports that you seem to despise, I can argue on about why i like the 318 but thats not what he wants to hear. If you want to compare low end torque, ill bolt up a international 345 up to your 360 and spin it backwards all day long. Now, on the lighter side, we all have our oppinion's and favorites and we dont need to make each other out to be idiots. The 318 L'S I have driven are very impressive for low end grunt, they should pull just fine, afer all, it is a 1/2 ton. I agree on the originality too, it would look right. (the 318 came out in 59, 57 and 58, they had a 315, wich is virtually the same motor, it has a slightly smaller bore)