View Single Post

Old 05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Inactive User

Default Thanks

Thanks to all in this wiper problem.

I now know the switch I have is a 2 speed switch. It does NOT have the resister stuff hanging on the side. And I have a 3 speed wiper motor. Turns out they just are not compatible with each other (even though the connectors will plug into the interconnecting wiring harness.)

When going to park, it would draw 22 amps and open the circuit breaker inside the switch.

For the time being, I wired up a hokey 1 speed switch without any parking so I could get the 72 Cuda inspected today. !!!Got a sticker!!! Am now legal to drive around and waste lots of gas and make lots of noise!!

I will check the build sheet to see if I am suppose to have a 2 speed motor with conceal, or if I just have the wrong switch.

One more thing that George mentioned: This car has a electric pump for the washer system, and the wiring harness ends this wire at the wiper switch connector. But my switch does NOT have a male terminal for that specific wire. Did Mopar ever have the washer motor activated using some other switch? If not this would suggest that I have the wrong switch.

Ebay does not seem to have a switch I could use. Anybody know a good place to buy 3 speed switch?

Thanks again. Tim