View Single Post

Old 03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanborn
If you can fabricate a plenium to fit between the blower and the bottom part of the tunnel ram, it would probably be OK. The plenium should be 2-3" thick. This would allow for the mixture to equalize before it enters each intake runner.
Thanks, it's gonna be one tall setup, although I have seen it done. Won't pose a visibilty problem in my A-100, though
Kinda hard to find low rise 2X4 manifolds for the small block (Offenhauser has some but with the 273-318 ports).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanborn
Using a 4-53, 6-53, 8-53 and the B&M(which are all the same basic design) would be very helpful since the rotors are straight. The straight rotors would provide better distribution. The curved rotors(also called helix rotors) of the GMC 71 series cause the fuel distribution issue---but also give better seal/boost to the engine.
I'm wondering about the B&M 250 if it's similar to the 53 series or not, the 250 was different because it looked more like a smaller version of the Mega Blower (it used the same manifold, a 2" gilmer style drive, had a bolt-on carb adaptor) rather than a bigger version of the 142/174 (or 144/177 if forget which one was the B&m and which one was the Weiand).
Anyone know if a 250 series B&M (now Weiand) blower has helix rotors or straight? I know all the B&M stuff had teflon strips.

BDS 8-71 CUDA - thanks for the tip about the belt jumping. I did not know about it.

Thanks,
Ran