View Single Post

Old 12-11-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO-E-Bodyman View Post
It's not super rare but I would consider it "collectible" since most of these were used hard and thrown away. I would guess maybe 5k built. Someone should have the numbers on these cars but I don't know where to get the info. Maybe someone on turbododge.com or turbomopar.com could help you out.
Those cars are getting hard to find in nice condition and are starting to appreciate in value. At one time I owned 46 Shelby Dodges of all types except for an '86 GLHS. I couldn't take care of them so I sold them all off except for the 2 Shelby Dakotas I bought new and an '88 Daytona. The Daytona is the first '88 built (June '87), has the VIN ending in 00001 and 2 fender tags, one which reads C1 PILOT. It's a keeper unless someone wants to step up a little for it.
Dallas
missourimopar.com
BTW, if you haven't checked out my site, there are a bunch of pics of the Shelbys on there.
46 shelby Dodges, now that is alot. The 89 Shelby car runs great, needs tune up. Body looks excelent. I have not seen many like it. Well around here I have the only Daytonas on the road. Their even hard to find in the junkyards. The ones that were in the junkyards have been crushed within the last year. As far as the rare Daytona you have, I thought that the 1988 Daytona Pacific parts car I have that has the overhead console was rare. It is just so hard to find any Daytona parts in the junkyards within a 100 plus mile radious.