View Single Post

Old 04-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Inactive User

Default Coronet Hemi 4 door Forum of 2002

Hello,

I was doing a search on Google and ran into this forum discussion from 2002 regarding 1966 Dodge Coronet 4 door hemi cars.

I am the current owner of both the Bronze Canadian car and the Red Kansas "Floyd Cline" car.

I should be able to answer most questions you might have about the factory's only 5 ever built, fortunately all still alive and well today.

In fact, here is an email I sent to many of my personal friends yesterday and today:

Hello Friend,

One of my 4-door hemi cars went over the auction block at the Barrett-Jackson's 2007 Scottsdale Event. In the body of this email I have included a link directly to a video clip of the car as it appeared LIVE on SPEEDTV, January 21, 2007. The car was also LIVE on SPEEDTV while it was driven onto the block by my dear friend Rick, with the original dealership salesman of the car from 1966 (Hub Rainbolt) in the front passenger's seat, and Mary (my perfect love) in the rear seat. Those moments of the car first arriving on the block are not included on the video clip link below, yet may be seen on the full length broadcasts of the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2007 Auction periodically run on SPEEDTV. If you want to see it all, check your SPEEDTV program listings for the dates and times of those broadcasts, or look for the complete set of LIVE video on DVD coming out for sale soon. If you should so desire, you may send me a short note requesting that I let you know when the DVD is available, and I will get a set for you.

By the way. The Barrett-Jackson company requires that all cars entered in their auctions go up for sale with no minimum reserve selling price placed on the cars by sellers. Therefore the highest bidder gets the car. If a car bids up to an amount below that desired by a seller, and if the seller does not want to let the car go for that bid, the seller must place a higher bid to keep his car. The highest bidder becomes the original seller, and that seller, now the highest bidder/buyer, must pay both the seller and buyer commissions to Barrett-Jackson. In 2007, that commission equals 20% of the highest bid. In the case of my car in the video clip, I made a deal with the $600,000 bidder to get my car back from him. I arranged to have Barrett-Jackson commissions paid and allowed for another significant sum of money to get into that bidders hands as well. In other words, I still own the car.

Enjoy the clip, and let me know what you think.

Moparchat will not let me put a link in this message because I do not meet the criteria of having already submitted 25 or more posts. But you can go to SPEEDTV and look for SPEED Video, then get to the AUTOMOTIVE section, then BARRETT JACKSON. Look for a blurb next to the tiny screens "Barrett-Jackson. ’66...This 66 Coronet will haul more than the family. It is a four door HEMI and rare. 1 of 4 known to exist."

Respectfully,

William DiGilio