View Single Post

Old 01-22-2000, 02:41 AM

I would look for a Challenger. The wide track width can make for good handling on nearly stock suspension. The 110" wheelbase fits the class. Another choice might be a Duster. The only drawback I see in the Duster is the light duty suspension components. They may not last in a hobby class. The narrower track width of the Duster may help on dry slick with weight transfer.

You might still be able to find the kit car bars for the front. Also, there are aftermarket manufacturers for bars now.

In a stock type class I would prefer the 360 engine. With a 340 4bbl intake with a 2bbl adaptor. Get the adaptor that allows placing the carb over the secondary ports in the flange.

You should be in the 5500 rpm range with a cam change. I would err on the smaller side with a 2bbl, less than 245° at .050". Get the KB flat top cast pistons for better compression. I would run the 3 spd if you can't direct couple the trans. Get the right gears for your track and run in 3rd. I assume they would be in the 5.67 or 5.43:1 range, depending on the track size, tire size and final weight of your car.

I build my cars in this order. 1. Safe., 2. Fast., 3. Durable. and 4. Pretty.