View Single Post

Old 01-23-2000, 02:56 AM
Inactive User

I run a Dodge Ram in the American Race Truck Series. So we run on tracks from 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Banking from 0 to 15 degrees.
The motor we built has always been built for torque. This year we are going for alittle bit more horse for the bigger 1/2 miles. We found our corner entry speed was about 4MPH off of everyone else, which made me have to brake real late into the corner to stay with everyone. The trucks great off the corners, motor made 352lb of torque at 3000rpm. We gear it right for that and we are good to go!!. Motor combo is late model 318 heads, casting "302", edelbrock rpm manifold, Holley 2bbl, custom 1 5/8 headers, into a Dr Gas "X" pipe. With the heads we put in 5/16 valve stem sized valves. This picked up lots of flow, as these heads are great on the exhaust but need help on intake.
Someof the above is dictated by the rules.
I feel we have done our homework and have the winningest ART in the country the last 2 years, along with the championship. Let me tell you the Chevy and Ford guys hate it, but the Fans love cheering for the underdog, and that is Dodge. IU can't help you much with chassis because all ART's trucks are built on the chevy metric chassis. I can help put you in the right direction if you have a chassis question, i.e. loose? tight, springs, shocks, etc. Hope this helps

Michael