View Single Post

Old 01-24-2000, 08:03 PM
Inactive User

Cool

I have run an 85 plymouth gran fury for two years in a bomber type class and we had lots of success. the car has the torsion bars that go cross ways on the car. I run on a 3/8 high bank and I can keep up with a wissota street car and these are the national point champions not just a bunch of morons. On a 3/8 you should run 6.20 gears but I ran 3.91 in the car and I ran the car in second gear. I had the cop car version and it has all the coolers on everything. When I first raced it the car would push a little so I messed with the rear stagger and I found that an inch of negative stagger(smaller on the outside) actually worked well when it was dry. I know it sounds odd but it did work. It loosened up the rear just enough to let the rear of the car slide out a little bit and set yourself up for the exit. I raced it a few times on a high bank 1/4 mile and it was dry slick every time we were there. The car worked well on the high side of the track where I could keep up momentum. I still ran it in second with the 3.91 in it. These cars are plentiful unless a blues brothers movie was filmed in your area. ha ha ha. I picked up my car in a salvage yard for 100$ and it even had current registration on it. The car worked well. I drove the hell out of it and I even rolled it the first season. I would suggest boxing the lower control arm to stiffen it because it is a single arm not an a shaped like GM. Spare the challenger because if you wreck it and you want to reskin the body after the season you wont be able to find parts. The wheel base on the four door fury is 112 inches. I am pretty sure it will work for every entry level race class so you can race it at a lot of tracks unlike the shorter challenger. I hope this helps you out and good luck.

------------------
YOU must be fast, Because I was haulin a$$ when I passed you!

[This message has been edited by cageman (edited October 25, 2000).]