View Single Post

Old 01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Banned

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 7 View Post
hey thanks for the replys everybody. i like hearing what everyone's opinion is.

i grew up with glasspacks, maybe thats why i like them. im going to have a set of pipes run on my truck soon , it has headders on it and 2 1/4'' pipes and had flowmasters but no tailpipes, today i just got curious to see how loud it would be with straight pipes so i took the flowmasters off, it sounds good, and not really as loud as i thought it would be, but it starts comming to life at around 3300 - 4000rpm lol.
im planning to get some 2 1/2'' reducers and run 2 1/2'' pipes and i found some glasspacks thats 14'' overall , like 9'' baffle in it im going to order probably today, and i am going to put some 3 1/2'' stainless tips out the back.

my dad has got a 67 d100 with a 318 and stock manifolds with 40 series fm's and it has a good smooth sound , sounds good, just not got that glasspack sound i like thogh.

hope everyone has a good day
The thing is that glass packs don't flow very well and most open systems just short of top end race cars loose power with the open pipes. Sounds like you need to get a whole new system to me. Using a bunch of reducers restricts the flow and causes you to loose power as well. A proper exhguast system can give you some big gains if done properly.

If your putting this on the 318 you listed in your sig line, just install 2 1/4 pipes back to an X pipe and then install some flowmasters. You'll see a gain in power with that set up. Go with a bigger pipe size and you'll loose some of your bottom end. The glass packs will cause you some lose too, but use what ever you want.