Thread: My race story
View Single Post

Old 01-18-2008, 03:02 AM
Inactive User

Default My race story

In 1985 I stumbled on a great deal for a 1971 Fury GT. It was probably the best running stock 440 I have seen. Anyway on to my story, Late one night in eugene Or. heading to Sprinfield, A hot sounding 1969 camaro lined up next to me at the light just before a half mile long bridge. He revved a couple times, so I answered with my own 2000 rpm glass pack rumble. Light changed we took off, I let him have one car length stayed right there till second gear came in, I mashed it just right and jumped past him like he broke. LOL. After the bridge, we pulled off in a lot, he lifted his hood to show off. It was impressive all the chrome and fresh paint. He then asked me what I had, and I couldn't resist giving him a hard time. I said its nothing to look at, just aq greasy old 318 small block LMAO. Thats right I told him stock small block. Then I lifted my hood and he saw a greasy engine. Being a chevy guy he didn't know the difference between 318 and 440. I loved picking on chevys and fords with that monster.