View Single Post

Old 10-09-2008, 04:49 PM

To Dick, and others that want to see me squirm...Well, there comes a time when the light clicks on Im an idiot when it comes to DC motor theory. Diagnosing the problem, skipping over things that you KNOW are correct and looking for not so obvious problems like how the antenna relay works and what signal it takes. Well I took the motor case apart when I had the antenna apart. It was just the case with 2 magnets inside, the armature stayed in the gearcase. They were both symmetrical inside and no wires or anything like that, just a zinc colored can with 2 magnets inside. Well, I put the thing back on 180 out of phase. The doggone thing bolted right up and that was that. BUT every action was a$$ backwards. DC motors are not my thing but I know (well, maybe not!) that if you take the armature out and rotate the housing 180 around the armature axis, and put the armature back in, the thing is NOT going to run in reverse, right? That is what I did in simpler terms, like holding the armature and rotating the case. Baffling, but it did make a difference. Polarized magnets is the only theory I have. Like I said, im no expert on DC motors..obviously...