View Single Post

Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Hello Dixie-Dart, cool name. It sounds to me like we have a lot in common, you love your car like I do mine. You sound like I did in 2004. I couldn’t stand having her and not being able to drive. I replaced her brakes, put in new suspension in her front end, had the gas tank refurbished. I bought another engine 225/6 same as the original, the original is on a stand in my garage waiting patiently to get rebuilt. I had her carb rebuilt which was interesting. My priority was to get her on the road, and then I’ll worry about how she looks. I also have to get her tranny rebuilt I was hoping to get them done at the same time so I’ll only have to drop the engine one time.
Dixie-Dart does your car have a name? Check out my other postings to get more information about “Julia”. Her true color is green, and the roof is a paler shade of green. I’m sure the color has really faded from the original but you know what, I like that color. The top I painted because it was rusty, this is the third color I tried. Your car color scheme sounds “rich” I love maroon with a cream hard top, ooooh so sweet!
I am kind of part of a Neon club that my husband turned me onto. Each year we have this “Run” to the top of Mt.St.Helens, camp over night, have fun. I love to take Julia and rave about how she came first. The guys are very understanding when we don’t climb the hills as fast as they can.
I could go for ever…

It’s exciting to meet someone that has a “sister/brother” of my car, because they are so hard to find.
W