Thread: Rebuild help.
View Single Post

Old 04-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschumers View Post
A Slant 6 Gold Duster... ...and a really fun car to drive when you're done.
Isnt that what we all really want in the end?

Thanks for the rust info, and again, this is not really a money thing. I love to learn and would like to learn more about how cars work and how to repair them and stuff. If you want to talk investments, im sure all can agree being able to keep 1 car running for decades and not needing anyones help to do it, as well as being able to fix up junkers, will surely offer great returns. And a slant six duster probably gets decent gas mileage, im assuming. I know the 76 feather duster advertised at over 30, so im assuming at least 20 can be expected out of a 74 /6.
And just for clarification, im not writing all this to sound like im arguing with you, im just going on and on about stuff to clarify intentions so that no one else has to waste their finger strength telling me i will prolly end up in the hole.

However, i must say, you have caused 3 new questions for me. How do cars earn the classification of A-body, why do they rust so bad, and how do you take care of all that rust... quick, to the google machine!