View Single Post

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Inactive User

Default my push rods wre bent

hellow my name is casey new to mopar, and the slant six. i must say i am very exited about the potential this engie has. recently a friend of mine traded me two plymouth scamps to build a fence for her however one had a broken frame so that one is the parts car ,,,, anyway the good one started up for me after i rebuilt the carb and i made it two miles to my house when ran like crap though when i tore down the motar i noticed a few strange things.. first the pushrods three of them were bent... then after removing the chaine cover i noticed the timing marks were not lined up and the cam had some play in it... is that normal?..the play in the cam? and finally when the timeing marks are lined up the rotar is on the number 4 cylnder... can anyone tell me what might have happend the chain wasnt broke or damaged i am baffeld .. were can i find the correct instuctions to time my engine correctly once i get it back from the machien shop....??????? i dont want to put it together wrong and i want to make sure i correct whatever the problem was.... thank you,, casey