View Single Post

Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM

Wink 2 car lengths behind the Hemi Charger!

I had a little fun tonight. I was coming home and passed a few slowpokes on the one straight stretch on the way. I get over in my lane and some guy in a late model Hemi Charger comes blasting by, almost hitting me in the left rear quarter!
I was driving my trusty old 2000 Grand Caravan, and I thought that was a little rude so I put the pedal to the metal. It didn't make a difference, that Charger was disappearing into the distance down the straight. Then a funny thing happened. You see, out this road is a ton of switch back curves that I know by heart. I pretty much know the whole road clear to the Ohio Valley due to my parents living on one end of the road and my sister living at the other. So next thing you know, the old crazy WV redneck in the minivan is right on the bumper of the hot rod!!
He'd gain a little distance, then the next curve hard on the brakes. Meanwhile, I'm just driving behind him, hammer down, just letting off enough to go around the curves then hammer down again. He spent the last 4 miles with a beat up Grand Caravan rolling on used winter treads with over 200K miles right on his back bumper! It's also good to let the hot rod go first in case any deer decide to jump out.
I finally had to slow down because we got close to home, so I let him go...
If you think that's bad, you oughta see the looks on the faces of the import boys when I put that minivan around them! Oh well, I need to gets me one oh dem dere Hemi mochines one day!