View Single Post

Old 03-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Jason,I'm 54 and learned a lot thru all these years.I use to street race with my first car in 1974 I bought from a guy in South Plainfield NJ.Car was a Lemans Blue STD Black 1969 Camaro SS 396 4 speed with Huge N50x15 Goodyears,15x10 Ansen Sprints with Fentons in front. Car really had a L72 427/425 not the 396 and not the 12 to 1 427 L88. Anyway we stayed local and maybe cruise as far as 30 miles away from Bridgewater NJ where I lived.One of the cars I raced back then was a Hemi Orange 1970 440 6 Pak RT Challenger 4 speed owned by Jay Manno.Anyway I know you always mentioned the history that you have shows it was UPstate NY (Syracuse ?) car its whole life.I think you need to look up by you more and research that area to find your prior owners and History of your car.You know I've always offered to help you and I've done this for others too.I'm a research hound and know lots of people. If ? your car was street raced like you say stay whithin 30 miles of your earliest owner history location to start. You can always call me like you have for info and tips.I'm really impressed by the younger guys like you that got involved in these old musclecars that guys like me enjoyed and still do back in my teenage years.I was like a kid in a candy store back in the 1970's with access to any car I wanted! I still remember going to Linden NJ off ST George Av in 1975 and possibly buying a White with Black interior 1970 HEMI CUDA 426 4 speed with Dana 60 and pistol grip shifter.Could of had this bad boy for $2200.00!! Yeah those were the days.Any way Jason keep researching your car and someday you might find the answer on your cars history.Dan