View Single Post

Old 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince23 View Post
hello my name is Vince and i am new to mopar chat.
i need some help with my new 1973 duster. it has a slant six with .040 over pistons and i believe a 3/4 cam. i have replaced everything in the engine complete rebuild except for the power brake booster which is on order for tomorrow. my problem is i can not get it into time and when i put it into reverse and sometimes drive it will stall. could these problems be cause of the booster???:

I cant say it is or isnt the cause. You have seemingly have an issue that leads you to believe that you are having vacuum issues. Easiest way to eliminate the booster is to disconnect the booster and plug the vacuum hose, and try it that way. BUT BEWARE IT WILL BE A LOT HARDER TO STOP AS NOW THERE IS NO VACUUM ASSIST!! There can be several causes on the timing issue, The static timing has to be correct, the initial timing has to be correct, the valve timing(timing chain and gears) has to be correct. The stalling could be timing related, or even carb related. Vince I normally dont send members to other sights, but there is a Slant Six only site and those guys have slanted blood types... WWW(dot)SlantSix.org Be sure to take out the (dot) and replace with a .