View Single Post

Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Inactive User

Default a few questions : )

hi again everybody. so i wanted to get ya'lls opinion on a few things, and see what you mite have to add. so i picked up a 1968 dodge dart, it has the slant six 270. i'm thinking if the number's match up that i mite rebuild the engine in it, instead of picking up the 360. i have heard that the car can be worth more if kept with the original engine. i am looking at building a cruiser more then a racer. what would be the maximum horse power i could get out of it? the 360 engine sounds awesome, but i don't think i need 380+ horse power : ) just want something fun to drive, and still has some pick up.

next, i was wondering if anybody has used the plastic dash cover replacements? my dash is cracked, and i saw that they have nice plastic one's that glue on over top. they look nice, but seeing what ya think.

also trying to find a vinyl floor kit. any sugestions? all i can find are carpet's for some reason : ) also need replacement door panels.

next on the list is that pice above the rear seat that seperates the trunk, and has the speaker holes. thinking about just cutting a pice of plywood and covering it with speaker carpet. but maby they have new one's out there?

last one for now. i need a suspension system. the hotchkis looks like overkill for what i am doing with her. adjustable upper's and lower's seem sorta pointless since i don't plan on racing her, and they would be set to street anyway. does somebody have a performance street kit? or do i just pice it togeather?

thank you in advance for all ya help : ) and hope the holiday season has been good to ya!