View Single Post

Old 01-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Inactive User

Default breaux, about yor build

First, to all, glad to hear from you all again. Long dry spell, but finally, back to work. Feels good to be needed. Years back, acquired a '70 Duster with a /6 and 3 on the tree. Converted to an extemely modified 904 auto and swapped the rear end to 81/4 with 4:10 and built the 6 according to instructions from the man who was responsible for its developement for racing. Lloyd Purcell. I was running 13.9 quarters@ 96 mph and still very street savvy. There were a lot of times at car shows that I was very glad to have a /6 that ran that way and it sparked many conversations with old enthusiasts that I will never forget. #1 Make up your mind whether you want to stay original with the /6 or do you want to smoke unsuspecting people. Trust me, there were times when I first got the car when I thought about dropping in a "crate" 392 Hemi. In my case, I am glad to have stuck with the six, basically because now I have that experience under my belt. Sold the car, still to this day, want it back. Suspension wise, switched to radials, Installed high performance urethane bushings throughout, cranked up the torsion bars for "Good Stance" and professional re-alignment. It all boils down to your personal preferance. Either way, stick with MOPAR and by all means listen to the very qualified people who post in this forum. These people are a wealth of info you won't find anywhere else. To all, THANK YOU. Glenn.