Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > PT Cruiser Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Inactive User

Fast trip to Denver

Hi All,

We just got backlast Sunday from a fast trip to Denver, Co. We left Fargo, ND at 3:30 Am and pulled into Denver 16 hours later. The reason for the trip was my cousin died in an atv mishap in the mountians. We pushed the PT at 80 mph all the way there and back and averaged 25mpg. A couple of fillups were less and some were more. The wind had a lot to do with. We have had the PT for a month now and I was real happy with the way it handled the trip. We put on 2400 miles on the whole thip and the car didn't use a drop of oil going out or comming back. All ans all I'm very pleased so far!!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Inactive User

I've made that drive, only in reverse. In March of 1998, I drove up that way because my maternal Grandmother died. I went with my pickup and got a U-Haul to bring some of her stuff. Miserable drive home due to ground blizzards between Thief River Falls and Grand Forks, then south towards Fargo. Cleared up South of Fargo, but then the trailer threw a wheel (the whole wheel; tire, rim, bearings AND spindle-GONE!). Adventures in moving...

One other time, several years prior to that, I went up there to help my paternal grandmother. She was tired of the cold Grand Forks winters; I helped her move South - to Fargo.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:46 PM

Gripe

Not supprised you had trouble w/ U-Haul. There equiptment is 2nd rate at best. I flew into Pittsburg one time to pick up some some raw material for my employer . The truck we had rented from U Haul had a dead cyl. I brought it back and they said tough luck we can't fix it and we don't have another truck for you. If it breaks down call our "hotline". I left it there and got a decent truck from Penske.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Inactive User

PENSKE ROCKS!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 05:38 PM
junjie1112

Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdriver
Not supprised you had trouble w/ U-Haul. There equiptment is 2nd rate at best. I flew into Pittsburg one time to pick up some some raw material for my employer . The truck we had rented from U Haul had a dead cyl. I brought it back and they said tough luck we can't fix it and we don't have another truck for you. If it breaks down call our "hotline". I left it there and got a decent truck from Penske.
Pittsburg or Pittsburgh?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:04 PM

sorry about your loss. i do use some our rental PT,s for school use., i drive about 85 sometimes 90. ans have averaged about 25+- not too bad. i feel dc is below other manufacters in the feul milage dept. i have worked for d-c dealers for 20 + plus years