Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Off-Topic Forum > Upcoming car shows and events

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Inactive User

Default Garlits all Mopar Show in Fla?

Hey, Is anyone going to the Don Garlits show in Ocala, Florida? Nov 4-5

Were driving the 67 Wagon (for sale) and the 70 Dart up from Orlando.

Id like to place a face on some of these screen names!

Craig and Carol
Old 11-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Inactive User

I will be going on Saturday am to scour the swap meet and vendors, then check out the car show portion. Wont be taking the Duster AGAIN, this year. Maybe I will get lucky and not have it apart next year. And I'm so close to being finished I can taste it, but wont rush it and then test it all out on the drive out there. I plan on getting there around 10 am - 11 am.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Inactive User

Hey Bbeckwith, Sorry we missed ya. We were there Sat..... My Silver 67 Newport Town and Country st. wagon (for Sale) was among the 7 or 8 C bodies. Hope ya saw it. My buddy brought his Yellow 70 Dodge Dart 340 6 pack... You might have noticed it, It didnt have its hood up, because its a clone with a slant, waiting for its 340, ..... thats sitting in my garage. LOL.....
I was going to bring my 73 Charger, Its running SWEET but, its still got a few tweeks left.
The prices were outragious for parts... I thought. Cars too! Rarity of Mopars is coming full circle, I suppose.
We had a great time hanging out. It gets a lil overwhelming looking at all the awsome old Mopars. (Carlisle must be just insaine)
I was taken back, when we were walking the parts venders area, and I saw and old man riding a bicycle though the isles.... low and behold it was Don Garlits. Just tooling along... it was funny. Later that afternoon he brought out the origional "Swamp Rat" and started it up and tuned it a Little for the crowd. It was blowing smokerings from all the cylinders.....I thought, Wow! This is a real part of Drag racing history.
Ill be back next year with the Charger, or the wagon (if it dosent sell) its a lot of fun. (or the 68 dart if the wagon does sell)
.......... Craig and Carol
Old 11-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Inactive User

I always have fun at Garlits but never stay long. One of these days, I will make arrangements ahead of time so I can spend the weekend there and really take it all in.