Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-21-2000, 10:07 PM
Inactive User

Im not going to dispute 1000ftlbs of torque we all know that is obtainable.first you need to determine what you are going to be doing with the truck. next I want to inform some of you who maybe dont know. first lets take the torque converter. find a reputable rebuilder in your area and ask if they can build you a converter with 1400 or so stall ask them what they do to get that, modify the stator or ?. make sure to get a kevlar lined clutch in it, this is what holds it from slipping the best. now you have a $600 or $895 converter. now the tranny, again find a reputable rebuilder and ask if they can build you a tranny with a heavy duty pump the upgraded sprag gear spring(there were some problems with it not oiling good enough)and stage 2 shift kit(put in the newest version of TCC switch too. make sure their kit will increase line pressure now you have a $300 valve body and a $2000 tranny. find a Bosch injector distributer and you can get 275hp RV injectors, easy to install. lastly dont buy any power adders that hook up AHEAD OF THE INJECTION PUMP. it is proven they dont have the final word when it comes to fuel delivery. finally dont buy anything without knowing what your getting and talk to several people that have bought it, not who are selling it to ya.

------------------
2001 quad cab shortbed 24valve, 5spd, 3.54's, TST Powermax2,Turboback highflow exhaust,275hp DD injectors. and if you can't DODGE'em RAM'em

[This message has been edited by Rammer_eight (edited November 28, 2000).]
Old 11-28-2000, 06:15 PM
Inactive User

Im sorry if i came on a little strong guys but i will guarntee you i know about the parts for our rams,what works best for the $$$ and what doesnt. I could drop all kinds of names here but i wont. Carl

------------------
WWCD2'S HOME PAGE

[This message has been edited by wwcd2 (edited November 29, 2000).]