Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Diesel & Turbo Diesel Chat

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-03-2001, 03:58 AM
Addicted Moparchat Member

just finished installing a banks stinger plus on my dad's 99 f350 crew cab dually 4x4 with the powerstroke. (he went ford on his last truck, dodge pissed him off in a big way after 30 some years of loyalty) all i have to say is WOW i would definitely reccomend their products. the oil burner runs like a scalded dog now, i dare say it'd walk the dog on my 1500. spool the boost up a little at a stop and it'll light the 4 rear tires up easy with the 4.10 rear. all the kit lacks is their intercooler, which newer powerstrokes already have stock. it comes with a new turbo housing, "ottomind" chip, trans control unit, new larger exhaust from the turbo back, egt and boost guages, and a k&n filter. turbo was a pain in the butt to replace, but worth it. everything else was a simple glitch free bolt on. boost guage shows around 28 psi at max boost. the turbo sounds mean now, a distinctive whine/whoosh at boost and a loud blowoff sound you hear from all the rice rockets. claimed fuel mpg improvement is 10% if you can keep your foot out of the new power. all of this is available in the same trim for the cummins. anyway, just wanted to post my review of their products for you diesel guys looking to hop your cummins up. definitely worth the cash in my opinion.
Old 01-03-2001, 07:23 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Ok,While we all know Banks makes some decent products one would only have to wonder why you are telling us about a review on a Ford Powerpuke,,can understand about being upset enough to switch brands,but,can't figure why a Powerpuke review in a place that eats,sleeps and lives nothing but PURE UNADULTERATED, POWERPUKE KILLIN,CUMMINS POWER!!!! Remember Dodge makes it,but Cummins shakes it! P.S, Bring that Banks hopped up Powerpuke out here I need some exercise for my ride!!
Old 01-04-2001, 02:19 AM
Inactive User

Sorry, Rufus I tried to post a pic off my floppy disk but as you found out it didnt work so I had to redo it, it came up the second time,its under "Pure Mopar Power",Sorry man

Corey...
Old 01-05-2001, 03:55 AM

easy BIG... i was just posting it as a review of banks products, not the powerstroke. though i do love the powerstroke. not so much the truck that comes with it though...
Old 01-06-2001, 01:44 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey Rufus,, I can understand the Banks stuff somewhat,,Ok,,but,,Explain how you could ever,if you are a Dodge man, even think about a Powerpuke? CUMMINS RULES AND THE REST DROOL!!!
Old 01-06-2001, 02:47 AM
Inactive User

Rufus bring that powerpuke to Muncie Indiana this june 9 and 10 and we will see what that puke will do against our little old 6 cylinders.Saturday we will have truck pulls,dyno runs,show and shine(he has a slim chance on this one)then sunday there will be light truck drag races,we will see who rules! Carl

------------------
WWCD2'S HOME PAGE
Old 01-06-2001, 04:31 AM

yeah, you'drobably take it. look at the power you're putting out. yeah, i can consider a powerstroke easy. i love them, and i've experienced them both. ford doesn't make the powerstroke, so i can like them and not have any problem with it. i'd love to have one, but won't buy a ford. drop one in a ram, and i'm all over it. stock the cummins are just too sluggish for me. takes alot of $$ to make them run. sure, the cummins will pull a house down as easy as a powerstroke but stokc for stock the powerstroke has the acceleration hands down.
Old 01-07-2001, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Rufus,,You sure you are not sniffing some kind of fuel additive,or sniffing a chrome polish with the lid off,that has you thinking a little clouded.All the Powerpukes that I myself have driven(Yes, I do have a few uneducated friends who drive them)could never out accellerate my 98 stick Ram stock.Also ,what area are you buying your Cummins parts from because ,in my experience 30min to 1 hour of time and about an average of $300 to $500 will make ANY 5.9 Cummins Ram FLY. Well as WWCD2 says ,Lets all go to Muncie,IND in June and see.. One thing is for sure ,there are a lot of QUALITY 5.9 Ram diesels around the country, but ,THE BIG RED MACHINE only fears one,that will be The Notorious WHITE DODGE out of OHIO. Anyone who has ever seen or knows of this one knows that is ONE BAD HOMBRE!!!
Old 01-08-2001, 01:15 AM

nope, sure not BIG. that's just my opinion which i'm entitled to just as you are yours... and sorry, but indiana is a little to far out of my way. be gald to have you here in nc though anytime. 3 local strips in my area. not saying i'd win, but i enjoy a friendly race. just keep in mind guys, i give the cummins much respect and if it came down to it i'd buy a cummins over a powerstroke because they are so close, and the cummins is in a dodge. doesn't change my opinion though that stock for stock the powerstroke is a little better. and keep in mind my original intent with this post. just to give a review of banks products on a diesel. wasn't meant to advocate the powerstroke.
Old 01-08-2001, 02:33 PM
Inactive User

AH YES RUFUS,, A summer trip to the Carolina's, I'd go for that. Snatch the trailer ,load the car and away we go!! You'll have to let me know where and when and I'd make the haul. SEE YA! RIP, SNORTING, CUMMINS POWERED RAM!!!
Old 01-08-2001, 09:56 PM

BIG, if you're serious come on... i live in raleigh. it's a great place to go in the warm weather months. the mountains, beach, and everything in between in nc. what kind of car do you have? i've got a 73 plymouth duster 340, i'd rather run that than the powerstroke. we've got 3 decent strips that are within an hour or less. 2 1/8th and 1 1/4. sure you've probably heard of rockingham. that's the 1/4. hell, we'll take the rams out to play in the mud or on the beach too if you've got 4wd...
Old 01-15-2001, 12:19 PM
Inactive User

Cool

OK Rufus,, Sounds like a plan,I have been to a few places around your area,(Coastal Plains,Piedmont,The Rock)Would love to load up the stocker I just purchased when the weather breaks and come down and shake it down,, four wheel drive is always ready to use,(keeps the local bowtie and blue oval fools on their toes),,can make your area in a flash,,Keep in touch,,Remember,IF ITS NOT SMOKIN',ITS NOT STROKIN'
Old 01-15-2001, 07:35 PM
Inactive User

I have a few things to add to this already smoking hot post. first of all, the dodges dont need a reveiw on the banks system because it is a bunch of smoke and mirrors, and all the same power can be achieved for 1000's less with other bolt ons in an hour or so, as Big Red already said. and secondly why would your dad (Rufus) by a ford DIESEL when thier v10 can out pull it GVW to GVW.

I'll see you (loose) in Indy.

------------------
2001 quad cab shortbed 24valve, 5spd, 3.54's, TST Powermax2,Turboback highflow exhaust,275hp DD injectors. and if you can't DODGE'em RAM'em

[This message has been edited by Rammer_eight (edited January 15, 2001).]
Old 01-15-2001, 07:47 PM
Inactive User

Wink

Good Luck to all who attend Indy and watch out for the dead Fords on the shoulder. remember there will be someone under the hood that could run out into traffic at any second.

------------------
2001 quad cab shortbed 24valve, 5spd, 3.54's, TST Powermax2,Turboback highflow exhaust,275hp DD injectors. and if you can't DODGE'em RAM'em

[This message has been edited by Rammer_eight (edited January 15, 2001).]
Old 01-16-2001, 01:07 AM

alright, i didn't ask to be lit up on this post. EXSCUSE me for posting a product review. sorry Rammer, i'm no diesel expert and don't claim/want to be. there very well may be other better alternatives out there, but this is what we felt was the best combo of bolt on parts for the somewhat discounted price we got. i really could care less if you like the fords or the powerstrokes... i wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on the truck/engine anyway. as i have stated before... merely a product review. just happens it was on a powerstroke, and i figured the results from it could be loosely translated to the results you would get from the same mod to a cummins. and i sure don't care enough about this to drive all the way to indy with a truck that isn't even mine. i am first and foremost a DODGE truck fan, and this pisses me off that i'm getting this from fellow mopar enthusiasts. are you ignorant to the fact that other manufacturers actually make decent products, and some make even better ones than what mopar has? nothing is perfect... everything has its strong and weak points. and i seriously doubt the v-10 will outpull the powerstroke, but in the case it actually does i'll take the gas mileage of the diesel. pays the option price eventually. BIG... sounds like a plan. most of the tracks open up around the first/second week of march. e-mail is in my profile... give me a holler whenever.
Old 01-17-2001, 03:45 PM
Inactive User

easy there Rufus. i was just trying to kick you while you were down. i guess i accidently kicked you in the head.

Im sorry!!

------------------
Old 01-17-2001, 10:29 PM

no problem... i was just a little annoyed. over it now.
Old 01-19-2001, 04:51 PM
Inactive User

Cool

PHEW!! Sorry Rufus,didn't mean to get you lit up like a firecracker!Your on for a weekend of bowtie and blueoval bashing.When the weather breaks(there is nothing like the smell of VP Fuel and burnt rubber in the spring)I'll drop a note.Oh by the way ,wasn't that an old song,you know the one,DEAD FORD ON THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD!! Just kidding. SEE YA!!! GRAB A GEAR,STOMP AND STEER,HAVE YOU DRAGGED A FORD BACKWARDS LATELY!!!!!!