Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-05-1999, 12:39 AM
Inactive User

i wrote this on another forum but it didnt get any responses...her goes...

i am 18 and my bro is 19...i own the 1988 jeep comanche with a 4.0 2wd and a whopping 183000 miles...my bro owns the 1999 gmc sonoma 4.3 v-6 zq-8 sport suspension and flowmaster duals...

well every since he bought the truck he had wanted to race my old truck...i always declined...now i am planning an engine swap...dropping a good ole mopar 318 with some goodies...but anyway..i wanted to see what the ole 4.0 six had...

so one night at around 1 a.m. we drove the snarling beasts out and on the way we decided to have a run from the punch...we were both going 50 and we hit it...he instantly smoked me...needless to say i was shaken in my boots...we then proceeded to a secluded stoplight on a little traveled road...he was wondering why i even wanted to try since he just beat me that bad...oh well...

we got to the light and both of us were revving up the motors...not much...the light turns green...a little peel and we are off...he jumps a length ahead...and up to 85 he got about 3 lengths...we quit then...but i was still curious...i pushed the comfort transmission button and tried him again...the light turned green and we were neck and neck...that is until we hit 60...then he pulled away...got about 2 lengths on me at 85....we pulled into a gas station and wouldnt you know one of our friends was there ...and you know my brother had to rub it in...but thats okay...im sure the results will be slightly different when i get the new motor...by the way...i am a very slow driver and this was a first for me...i do not condone street racing and regret doing it...thank you
Old 11-24-1999, 01:25 AM
Inactive User

HEY JOEY IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT A EIGHTEEN YR. OLD HAS ENOUGH SENSE TO REGARD STREET RACING AS A DANGER, I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 25 YRS AND HAVE LEARNED TO ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR THE UNEXPECTED, THAT WAY YOU DONT SPEND WHAT LITTLE TIME YOU MIGHT HAVE PANICKING BUT RESPONDING, YOU KNOW THE OLD LADY IN THE RIGHT LANE WITH HER RIGHT BLINKER ON SUDDENLY TURNS LEFT ACROSS BOTH LANES.ONE NIGHT OUT STREET RACING IN LINC. NEB. IN MY 12.0 70 ROADRUNNER I RACE A SIGHT UNSEEN 70 CUDA AT MIDNIGHT FOR 50 BUCKS. I SHOW UP TO FIND A TRAILERED FULL ROLL CAGE GUTTED WRINKLE WALL SLICKED 70 CUDA. IHAD MY CHEATER SLICKS BUT DIDNT DROP MY EXHAUST WELL ANYHOW WE RACE AND I GET HIM OUT OF THE HOLE BY ABOUT A LENGTH DUE TO HIM LEAVING WAY TOO HARD AT THE TOP OF THIRD HES AT MY DOOR AND IN FOURTH AT THE LINE HE GOT ME BY A DOOR!!!I REALLY REGRETTED NOT DROPPING THE EXHAUST. WELL I PAID UP AND ALSO GOT ALOT OF COMPLIMENTS APPARENTLY THEY THOUGHT MY CAR TO BE A POOCH . SO THIS GUYS SISTER IS THERE AND KEEPS BOTHERING HIM TO LET HER MAKE A PASS, FINALLY HE DOES. IN FOURTH GEAR RIGHT AT THE FINISH LINE SHE GOES INTO A SUICIDAL SPIN INTO THE MEDIAN AND TOTALS THE CAR, SHE WALKED AWAY BUT THE CAR WAS TOTALED.HE HAD FORGOTTEN TO INSTALL THE AXLE BEARING ADJUSTER LOCK WHICH LET GO OF THE AND WHEEL AT 110 MPH SHE WAS LUCKY TO LIVE!! AS I DROVE HOME IT DAWNED ON ME THAT COULD OF BEEN ME RIGHT NEXT TO HIM WHEN THAT HAPPENED, SO I LIKE YOU RACE AS WISELY AS POSSIBLE AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE AND AT THE TRACK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE .WHO WANTS TO DIE IN A CAR? NOT ME....PRO..