Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-30-1999, 04:09 AM
Inactive User

Pro - you have to post the Mustwang fireball story. p.s. please take off the caps lock.
Old 12-01-1999, 05:36 AM
Inactive User

HEY DART I CANT SLOW DOWN LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE MY CAPS LOCK OFF!!! WHY EVER SLOW DOWN?? ANYHOW HERES THE FORD FIREBALL.I HAVE THIS GOOD FRIEND WELL HE'S A PRETTY GOOD FRIEND EXCEPT FOR THIS BAD HABIT HE HAS,ITS A 66 MUSTANG HE'S HAD FOR 23 YRS. 302(11:1,BALANCED,WINDSOR HEADS,202/160 VALVES,510 LIFT/252 @.050,HDRS,TORKER,BG750,3000 STALL,C-4,9" 4:10 W/ DETROIT LOCKER)I BUILT THE MOTOR FOR HIM ,SO HE DECIDES ITS TIME TO GO FASTER AND WE DECIDE TO PUT N2O ON IT.HE CALLS ME AND SAYS TELL ME HOW TO DO IT MYSELF,WELL I;VE BEEN UNDER HIS DASH B4 AND HE MUST BE ITALIAN BECAUSE HIS WIRING LOOKS LIKE SPAGHETTI.SO HE INSTALLS IT AND COMES OVER TO MY SHOP AROUND 7PM AND ASKS ME TO GO FOR A RIDE.WELL WE HEAD DOWN A STEET ABUOT A 1/4 MI LONG THAT DEAD ENDS AT THE CHRYSLER DEALER.HE NAILS IT AT 4000 RPM IN 1ST,HITS THE N2O,SHIFTS TO 2ND THEN 3RD,IT HAS 4WHEEL DISC SO IM NOT PANICKED YET,AT 100MPH WHERE RUNNING OUT OF ROOM QUICK BUT HE BELIEVES IN NOT WASTING ANY ASPHALT,HE LETS OFF AND THE STANG KEEPS PULLING AND PULLING HARD,HE'S ALL OVER THE BRAKES BUT THE MOTOR IS STILL FLAT OUT,HE SHUTS OFF THE KEY NAD NOW THE MOTOR ISNT PULLING AS HARD BUT IS STILL RUNNING AND DETONATING LIKE A POWERSTROKE THEN KKAAABBBOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!! IT DIES AND HE GETS IT STOPPED W/10 FT TO SPARE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE APPROPRIATE TO DIE ON A MOPAR DEALERSHIP,BUT NOT IN A FURD,ANYHOW THIS GIANT FIREBALL HAD BLOWN OUT THE HOODSCOOP ABOUT 5 FT WHEN IT WENT KABOOM ,HE'S OUT OF THE CAR INSTANTLY AND POPS THE HOOD ,THERES A BIG FIRE BURNING UNDER THE HOOD AND I WANT OUT OF THIS FURD BAD BUT THE SEAT BELT WONT RELEASE AND THIS FIRE IS NOW ROLLING OFF THE END OF THE HOOD,I FINALLY GET IT TO RELEASE AND HE FINDS A WATER BOTTLE IN HIS TRUNK WE LOB THE AIR FILTER SKYWARD AND GET THE FIRE OUT.HIS WIRING OBVIOUSLY LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED(SPAGHETTI SAUCE?)ALL 4 BUTTERFLIES IN THE CARB WERE BENT STRAIGHT UP FROM THE EXPLOSION AS WERE THE BOOSTERS MELTED.WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE GAS PEDAL STUCK WOT AND THE N2O SOLENOID STUCK DUE TO SOME KINDA WIRING PROBLEM,THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS YOUR ONLY AS SAFE AS THE CAR IS BUILT,AND AS SAFE AS THE DRIVER IS!!!(PS THIS STANG RUNS 12.3 ETS AT 4800 FT)...PRO..
Old 12-01-1999, 04:17 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

That was a good one, Pro! Reminds me of the time I was showing a buddy of mine how my 340 Cuda would smoke the tires through the first three gears on the street behind my house. When the tires finally grabbed I looked up from the tach to see my back fence (a 1x12 board fence) coming at me! I hit the brakes and got it stopped about 2 feet from the fence. My wife would have killed me if I'd gone through her fence.
Old 12-02-1999, 01:13 AM

Exclamation

Like Dart said, PRO, good story, but turn off the caps lock already!!! All big letters are harder to read. Plus, you can't show when you want to emphasize something if the caps lock is constantly on. Turn off the caps lock already!!! It was different the first message, but now it's just irritating.
Old 12-02-1999, 01:32 AM
Inactive User

Good story,lots of laughs.I have friends that like fords and chebbies too,we all can't be perfect,,,,hahahahaha.
I've almost died in a few cars that weren't Mopar.I got kind of tired of that quick.