Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 11-30-1999, 04:05 AM
Inactive User

Well I got into a race with the baddest Chebbie in Longmont, so I heard. I was just crusin' in my '68 Sat (383, 4sp, 3.91, Alum Single plane, 750 Double Pumper, Electronic Ignition, .484/.284 cam) when the really CHARP '70 Camaro pulled up next to me. He had two 4's poking out of the hood with some chrome coat rack/ladder bar keeping the rear end on the ground. We drove to Quail road, which is south of the strip. Lined up and let 'em roar. I jumped him by two car lengths as I dropped the hammer at 3500rpm, banged second, baged third and adios amigo. He shut down before I was even in 4th. He was 327 with 2 4's, 4.88 gears, and 3500 stall. Chalk up another Chebbie.

[This message has been edited by Dart (edited November 29, 1999).]
Old 12-02-1999, 08:44 AM
Inactive User

So Dart sounds like a fast car, what kinda times did it run? ever race any motorcycles?let us know...PRO..
Old 12-21-1999, 11:44 PM
Inactive User

Hmm... Let's see.... Motorcycles...? Well as a matter of fact, I did happen to race a motorcycle or two. I was crusin' with a buddy of mine and I had just told him that my car could run with some of the smaller motorcycles. He was in a state of shock and had an odd look on his face. Just then a GPZ550 pulled up next to me as we were heading out of town. I just happened to catch the light on a straight, 4 lane divided section of highway. I bumped the the throttle to let the guy know he had one on the line. This guy was more than happy to stomp another car, so he thought. I rapped up to about 3500, the light turned green and off we went. The car hooked perfectly (4sp, 3.91's) and I jumped him about two car lengths right out of the hole. You could tell he was totally astounded. I banged second, third and fourth. We were about 3 car lengths ahead of this guy when I let off. We caught the next light and he wanted to get beat again, so being the nice Mopar guy that I am, I obliged him. Same old story, jumped him two car lengths out of the hole and pulled another in 3rd for a total of 3 car lengths. We stopped at the next light and he flipped up his visor. His eyes were wide open and he was shaking his head. All he could say was: "That is one fast car."