Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-22-1999, 11:02 PM
Inactive User

The year was 1976, and I was back home to Beaver PA., for the holiday break . I heard about a nasty 340 duster that was for sale over in Monaca and I went looking for it. stopped for directions from a lady, and she knew about the car, and told me exactly where it was. Also told me it hauled ass. It was a rusted rat, but that sumbitch would run. I brought the car home and my old man nearly shit. The car was blue, with three colors of primer in various spots. We put a full tuneup on it, then took it out on Tuscarawas rd for a blast. CAR WENT RIGHT UP TO 135, POTHOLES AND ALL. I was juiced. Had the body work done, only to pick it up with the rear tires baked off. A buddy of mine told me he had seen the smoke show, and that there were 5 guys in the car. To boot, both mufflers were blown open. Needless to say,a deduction was made from the bodywork tab. I brought the car back to connecticut, and I got alot of shit, till they went along for a ride. Then they all wanted to drive it.Had alot of races, but the best was against 4 dudes in a 4 speed super shitdog. They all laughed at me and revved the bowtie as they did. This was a droptop ss,so I had a good view as we left the line. I jumped him at the start, and watched my mirror as he frantically mashed his shifter, cussin and yellin while I kicked his ass. I waited for him to see if there was any further dialogue, but the boys were beaten into silence, by a laughed at red primer duster. I did lose one run to a455 olds, but as soon as i heard him open it up I knew he had something for me.That was a stout car. I gave the duster to my little brother for his 16th birthday, and It was broken in two one sunday morning. I do have the 340 in my barn, and one day will bolt it in and go for round 2.