Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-21-2000, 09:52 AM

Cool

I'm not saying that I'm too bright even now but this was a stupid thing to do about 10 years ago. I live in northern Finland, and we use to go go over the Swedish border to see some Drag Racing. I loaned my buddys '74 Dart 4d with pretty modified 318 etc. My former girlfriend, my cousin and his wife were with me in the car. "We were laughing and I'm joking and were feeling allright..." says the song and that was the situation. I was aiming to pass a gray haired gentleman in his big brand new Audi, but his ego couldn't take it. Four youngsters in their grumpy ol MoPar passing his Yupmobile, noway... When I was on his side the guy starts to accelerate as well. I thought OK lets race a...hole and we both pedaled all the way side by side up to 135 mph on this two lane road. He didn't beat us, he definately was embarrassed but we almost got killed in this show. No probs otherwise but two cars came towards us and I was on the wrong lane. This other guy didn't brake on side and our Dart's brakes didn't help at all. Fortunately the two cars heading us braked hard and took off the road right in front of me and no-one was hurt. Took me at least an hour to stop shaking, and my passengers didn't encourage me to any other races during that road trip... Lesson learned and few years later I finally got a chance to do some real racing at the track. And thats been going on ever since. Makes more sense I can tell. Check out my website at; http://www.angelfire.com/mo/racevaliant

TeRo