Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 08-31-1999, 01:46 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

All the recent race stories are guys in trucks. Guess it sucks with Chrysler not making a sports car. My sister-in-law's Avenger is a sharp looking car, but after driving it...not impressed. I'll stick with my DOHC Taurus. More power, more comfortable and costs less. Too bad Dodge doesn't do an Intrepid like the SHO or old Impala SS.
In your cars, do you get guys driving rice wanting to race? With their coffee can exhaust & 'go-fast' stickers. I read alot about that on other sites.
Old 08-31-1999, 09:29 PM
Inactive User

My neighbor (and good friend)had a 96 SHO which I beat to death.....he traded it in for a 99 F150 w/5.4 Triton....still beat him to death, now he wants a Ferrari but he still has 58 payments left on his F150!
Old 09-07-1999, 04:04 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

The 1st Gen SHO with the V-6 are faster than the new (96-99) V-8. Don't know why. Also they are heavier.

Jason D
Tried, True & FORD Blue

[This message has been edited by jcd302 (edited September 06, 1999).]
Old 09-08-1999, 07:00 PM
Inactive User

Car & Driver have said that there is an Intrepid R/T coming in the near future. Hope this helps you with your family sports car woes.
Old 10-06-1999, 04:50 AM
Inactive User

Smile

Not really, wife wants to quit working... so I told her she doesn't get a decent car. So I plan on selling her 98 Taurus and finding her some $1000 POS to drive.
Me (the money maker) get to drive the nice stuff!!
Old 10-13-1999, 12:42 AM
Inactive User

Yea we race cars. As a matter of fact i have just started working on my old pro street mercury capri r/s. I was so tired of my dss machine 347 stroker getting beat that i am in the process of putting it under the knife and will be re-born as a pretty wraped christmas present but with the right running gear this time. A big block "MOPAR" .
Old 11-15-1999, 10:57 PM
Inactive User

Yah I race cars,I have raced all of my cars exept my Omni's and K cars.My 73 dodge truck whips up on new 335 hp,6speed camaros and Mustwang 5.0 liters.My charger r/t has whipped up on losts of stuff.I don't even consider a taurus sho a muscle car or even a challenge.(maybe for my bonestock omni).
Old 11-21-1999, 07:11 AM
Inactive User

LOOK TALK IS CHEAP I LIKE TO LET THE CAR DO ALL MY TALKING,REMEMBER THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEBODY FASTER.MY SON'S (18 YRS. OLD)1991 SPIRIT RT RUNS 14.02 ALLDAY. MY 78 3/4 TON 4WD 440 WITH 150 HP 0F N2O RUNS 14.23 ALL THIS AT 4800 FT. ABOVE SEA LEVEL, WHOOP THESE AND I'LL BRING OUT MY MOPAR(11.88) ON PUMP GAS, DAILY DRIVER!! SHO ISNT THAT A SUZUKI OR YAMAHA PIECE OF CRAP? MOVE TO JAPAN YOUR ALLREADY TALKING JAPANESE, YOU GOT EGG FOO YOUNG ON YOUR FACE P.S. MY WIFE DRIVES A 89 LEBARON CONV. GTC TURBO RUNS 14.5S AND HAULS THE KIDS AROUND IN IT TO BOOT( SHE RACE YOUR SHO) MOPAR OR NO CAR
Old 12-09-1999, 03:28 AM
Inactive User

Exclamation

Listen, ive got a 63 merc wagon w/ a 390 super maurder that could smoke one of those. And if my 1 1/2 ton monster can burn one of those, anything can, and of course a mopar can. Working on getting an e-body radtop too

[This message has been edited by My63WoodyWagon390SuperMrd (edited December 09, 1999).]
Old 12-19-1999, 07:59 AM

I guess Mr. Ford has never pulled to a light with his DOHC when there was a Spirit R/T there. Probably a good thing though it would not have been worth the gas to spank another SHO.

[This message has been edited by SJS440 (edited December 20, 1999).]
Old 12-20-1999, 03:30 AM
Inactive User

Taurus? That's generic for....?

[This message has been edited by SIXPAK340 (edited December 19, 1999).]
Old 12-21-1999, 10:25 AM
Inactive User

Just spanked another new camaro (french for commode..thats a toilet if you didnt know)did a new mustwang yesterday...easily. Hey marauder what weighs 1 1/2 tons and is a piece of crap? wrong!! its that sho w/a load of crap inside it!!!
Old 12-21-1999, 01:18 PM
Inactive User

A couple years ago I had a 69 4 door valiant with a 273 in it with a 3 speed and 2something gears. I would race sho's and mustangs all day long and beat them, then I would tell them I paid two hundred bucks for the car and it got 22 miles per gallon(when I drove it hard). I got people mad after that.
Old 12-22-1999, 12:07 AM
Inactive User

Hey guys, PHORD talk is at http//:www.pieceofjunk.com

You might want to check it out since you seem to like Phords. A little better than Generic Motors, I agree, but come on this is a MOPAR chat page.

You phord guys need to check out the PHORD fireball story on the street stories page.

[This message has been edited by Dart (edited December 21, 1999).]
Old 12-22-1999, 11:29 PM
Inactive User

It really is sad that these new age wannabe racers even step up with a ford. Although i admit to having one, it was before the era of the rustangs. Its the best Ford I've seen yet and it can smoke the new ones like nothing. But, a MoPar with a 318 can smoke mine, which i will admit to without a care.
Old 12-23-1999, 10:29 AM
Inactive User

Their is nothing on earth that is more fun than blowing the doors off a 454 chevell ss or a z28 comcrapo .The only 2 prodlems i have is keeping the front wheels on the ground and cleaning the rubber off my rear quarters.But the newer cars like mustbangs,comcrapo's,Firepiggens,and Transslams your out of hear. WELL lets put it this way have you ever seen a large alley CAT slap around a mouse!!!!!One meen DUSTER.
Old 01-03-2000, 02:35 PM
Inactive User

Smile

Never had a Ford except a 77 pickup that dropped rods and shifted out of park by itself. Damn thing could kill you. Had a sweet 49 Merc Conv that was a real flyer because it had a 331 hemi in it. As far as Taurus' and Intrepids go they are nice family sedans and grocery getters but they are not sports cars. You have sucumbed to the Detroit hype so they can sell Grandma and you the same car with only minor changes. When it comes to sport/performance cars, if you have 4 doors then you have two cars. Granted, true performance cars are getting hard to find and sometimes require a little owner modification to maximize the performance but they are out there. The trick is to find the one that you can get the most bang for your buck. I still have an 87 Shelby GLHS that ran in the stock class and took Vettes 9 out of 10 times, half the engine and still faster. With current laws it's tough but I live in WV and enjoy no smog checks. I run most of my older cars on antique plates, 20 year old cars are faster then today's new ones, and have no inspection worries. Buy the sedans for family use and keep looking for a good , fast old car for fun.
Old 01-04-2000, 11:13 PM
Inactive User

i see post relating to newer mustangs and camaro's being junk. well first off let me tell you that i have never owned or drove anything but mopars (70 odd at last count) i am a die hard mopar fan (thats old mopars)
with that said i must say that ford and chev have done awesome with there performance stuff. WHAT HAS MA MOPAR DONE FOR US?? the only rear drive cars are out of 90% of peoples price range.
1988 was the last year you could buy a rear drive car. the only performance you can buy cheaper from dodge today is a pick up!
i say that ford and chev have there shit together. and chrysler should wake up and see the light stop making dream cars and start making cars for the real world.
(and no i'm not ever going to buy anything but a dodge it's just too bad i cant find a new performance rear wheel drive) and no i dont want a 2002 charger 4 DOOR.
Old 01-05-2000, 03:41 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

From what I have heard they are planning on producing a 2dr(read CHARGER R/T) and a 4 Door(read 300M).
why people have an aversion to a 4 door that looks that cool, and goes that fast I will never know.
Old 01-14-2000, 06:26 AM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

Hey Dodge Guys!!! Who cares what the bozo wrote. It might be an 8 year old kid for all you know. Giving him an arena only fuels his needs. I find my Floored and Chev-ro-let-me-down vengeance on the streets of Langley. Flip this dweeb off and get back where we were. On top.
Old 01-14-2000, 10:31 PM
Inactive User

Hey, the guy's right. New Camaro SS's run mid-to-low 13's off the showroom floor (with the right driver, of course). New Mustangs aren't that great, but do run in the mid-to-low 14's. I read in CC about a test done on a new (in '68) Hemi GTX. The thing ran 14's- that's not that great.

Brand-bashing is for losers. Whether you like it or not, the new Camaro's and Mustangs are clean, fast cars. Ma Mopar hasn't done a thing to counteract this attack-they just make $70k Vipers. I understand defending your favorite brand, but attacking another is something different.

The reason the guy doesn't want a 4 door Charger R/T is because our favorite musclecars came from a time when 4-door meant family car. Many people believe that the only true, modern, musclecar must be 2 doors.

So stop the lame bashing, k?
Old 01-15-2000, 02:08 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs down

original topic was "race cars" of course mopar people race cars some of us would rather whip you with our trucks GO BIG GREEN
Old 01-15-2000, 06:15 PM

Did anyone ever think that it is not so much the brand but the attitude of the car driver? I dont try to bash the cars they arent the problem. It is usually the guy or girl behind the wheel. I have put enough mustangs and camaros away to prove it. I will take my 69 Dodge 340 Swinger over any of these people and not have the bank book to worry about. You put the car away and the driver will follow.
Old 01-15-2000, 10:10 PM
Inactive User

No-the topic wasn't "race cars". It was "Don't you people ever race cars". Big difference. I think we're talking mostly about impromptu street races.

Yes, I guess you could say there are attitudes that people have with certain cars. I know that 99% of the Camaro drivers at my school have a big attitude problem. That doesn't mean all, though. And I respect that 1% that have a good attitude. I just don't go around saying "Ford sucks" or have those stupid Calvin peeing stickers on my vehicle, just because I don't happen to like another person's car. Alot of people seem to think that Chevy guys are all the same, but I know alot of great Chevy guys. You know how it goes, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house (meaning there are plenty of crooked Mopar guys too.. unfortunately). I just think brand-bashing is for losers. Of course, if you want to bash the DRIVERS of a certain make of car.. be my guest :-)
Old 01-15-2000, 10:51 PM

Do you ever race cars? ok bg that was the question. Here is the answer. I never ask they are asking me and I answer with a rev of my 340. At the next light as my kids are laughing as the ASKER is pulling up to me. They raced a car and wont soon forget my Dart.
As for the Peeing Calvin just got a 96 3/4 ton slt customized DODGE truck that has 2 Calvins 1 peeing on a Chevy and 1 peeing on the Ford. My good friend that owns a 70 Nova laughed. Cant think of any friends that own a Ford. Our race car has bugs bunny peeing on the same 2 emblems. These little beauties were there when we got the vehicles and will stay right where they are. It just gives us something to laugh at nothing more just showing a strong feel for our mopar breed. We own 5 mopar powered vehicles and will stay with the breed. If you really get to know a mopar person they are a lot friendlier than Chevy or Ford person. It is usually a Chevy or Ford person that does the asking or egging on and it will always be a Mopar shutting them up. As a guy said earlier I let my car do all the talking.

[This message has been edited by mopar34069 Joanne (edited January 15, 2000).]
Old 01-16-2000, 03:11 AM
Inactive User

Biggrin

I don't even understand why anyone with a real car would even waste the gas to race a rice burner or a four door wannabe. We build these cars to race against other CARS not grocery getters or sewing machines with wheels. Oh well, to each their own, have fun race safe.
Old 01-16-2000, 07:52 AM
Inactive User

What about the Talons and Lasers,made in the U.S. of A.Fairly cheap and easy to soup-up.Yeah,I know it's not a V-8, but the expressions on x-brand drivers faces when a little Plymouth or Eagle leaves them in the dust makes it all worthwhile.My Laser sure has changed my attitude about 4 cylinder mopars.Don't give up on your old MOPARS,you just shouldn't overlook the other "little mopars". HEMIs are forever

------------------
Old 01-16-2000, 05:02 PM

Thumbs up

Hey moparfred I agree with you! I had a 85 Daytona turbo 2.2 I believe it was one of the 1st years for the turbo an with a change of the computer (got for mothers day) and change of the cam (got it for valentines day) my daytona at the track was running 15 teens at 95 mph. All this with original motor except cam and 130,000 miles on it with I might add original turbo. She would outrun big time in the 1/8 th mile any 5.0 mustang I had to run. Due to an accident in 96 I had to sell her for personal reasons. I was in a dodge full size truck ext. cab and got blasted in an intersection t boned it totaled the truck and if I had been in my Daytona would have been killed. I just couldnt bring myself to getting in the small car again. But I loved that car. She ran good and didnt loose face with her at the track.
Old 01-17-2000, 06:46 AM
Inactive User

Hey moparfred,
I know what you mean about DSM's! I have one myself. Fiery little car, it's a 90 Turbo AWD 5 speed. I never think to mention it on this board because it's a) not a true Mopar, b) not front OR rear wheel drive, and c) technically it's a rice burner. But hell, it is faster than my 69 Sport Satellite w/a built 318 that I sold a couple years ago.. Hey, if you don't already belong, join club DSM at DSM.org. Good list..4500 members I think.

Oh yes, as for racing my car, I have to admit that except for impromptu drag races from stoplights (once, maybe twice a year at most), I don't race. Not even at a drag strip -closest strip is 2+ hours away, and I'm too afraid to know how truly slow my "fast" car is :-)

Good night all!
Old 01-20-2000, 10:50 AM
Inactive User

I brand bash for a reason,because I build High performance motors for a living.I understand what a good rod ratio is and a good bore vs stroke relationship is,what a good main brg diameter is..do you? Who wants cast rods in their muscle car?all chevy guys get them,no choices here bb or sb all JUNK crap!!!(mopar has never made an engine w/o forged rods even all 4 cyl.s)so are the blocks,less than 2% tin/nickel added(mopars are 5-7%)chevys all have cast main caps..pure JUNK!!! who wants a plastic oil pump drive? not me all chevys get em..pure JUNK!!!how many cracked sb chevy cyl heads have you seen? go ask your machine shop how many he's seen,be ready to catch him from falling over when he tries to calculate such a big #,again low tin/nickel content.they even crack just torquing them down when new sometimes..pure JUNK!! Fords aren"t quite as bad but some are,most have bad rod angles and ratios,very few had forged cranks and most fords have small valves and how many different bolt patterns do you need to fit a sb ford? good god man get serious!! Mopar rules because their engineers understood what it took to make a an engine strong by design,They always overbuilt their engines..who else has a big block that is good to almost 800hp in stock form? nobody!!! who designed the famous hemi? and over 40 years ago and no one has designed anything that makes more power since!!!!! I'd like to take amoment and thank the ford and gm manufacturers for running our hemi engines in the factory sponsored race cars for so many years and thereby bowing down to the mopar hemi!!!!!do you see any other motors in top fuel? the fastest cars on the planet are mopar hemi design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you know you could take your stock 440 crank and bolt it in almost any race block regardless of manufacturer? There is no better design!! so I bash brands not out of ignorance but out of facts.Have you ever read the big three sb comparision build ups that hot rod does?mopars make more power in every test!!!MOPAR OR NO CAR FOREVER!!!! I'm not prejudice just educated....PRO...