Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-28-2000, 09:14 PM
Inactive User

Ok, here it goes. This is for real now. I was coming home one late night and pulled up to a light. This older guy pulls up next to me in a red with tan top brand spankin' new cobra. It still had the sticker in it and all! So I wasn't really lookin for trouble, I was just scopin' out this guys new ride. He sees me lokkin' over and he revs the motor. So, he creeps up a little in front of me and i creep up too. Lookin for any sight of green, there it is. We both hit it. I start spinnin' but he did worse. I got my traction and I'm now a car length in front of him. He stayed behind but close on my heels. he winds out forth and into fifth and leaves me like im standin still. i couldn't believe it! I smoked him off the line. I think he must not have know how to shift it right since he just got it. I told one of my mustang buddies about and he said the same. Not really a victory but, I was proud still the same. That is the only mustang I ever came close too.

Jim
98 dakota std. cab 2wd
318 auto with 3.92 limited slip
exhaust, chip and air filter
Old 02-01-2000, 04:37 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

that beer barrel is great for low end but runs out of breath at high rpms. If you had a MPI intake the story might have been different. Well done Jim!

GS -