Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 04-13-2000, 03:12 PM
Self proclaimed expert

Biggrin

I recently raced a Toyota Tacoma. It was setup because it was supposed to be a good match. I honestly thought he could take me. The guy didn't have any unnecessary crap on his truck and I had talked to him before and I knew he knew what he was doing. We came off the line and I nailed second after a good launch(like you can really get a bad launch in an SS/T) Halfway through second I look over and I can see straight through his cab and it looks like we are welded together. We both leaned forward trying to will our trucks to edge forward. Then I hit third and it was all over. The TOYota slacked off and I was gone.
We got back to the rest of the cruisers and his dad congratulated me for giving him an education in MOPAR. I said I was surprised that he stayed with me and his dad said
"He should have, he's got 4.38gears in that thing!" Then one of the Chevy guys asked what I had done to my truck. I led him on a little and said "what do you mean?" He said it came off the line really hard and was really fast and he wanted to know what I had done to get it to run like that. I said "nuthin, it's bone stock" You should have seen the looks on some of those faces. Damn it felt good. Now I got to make some upgrades soon though. That was too close for comfort and the guy said he was getting a new rice cooker soon.