Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-04-2000, 04:37 AM
Inactive User

I am from a mostly GM back ground. My son comes home from high school all MOPAR. I don't know were this came from, but I'll play along. He turns 16 and wants a "super stock" Dodge. I find a Challenger in the weeds. 4spd, 440, good body, frame connecters, refridgerator on the hood, tunnel ram under fridg. He makes inspection and it passes. Back home I think 1 carb for starters. Out on the road to warm the tires I find I'm not a teenager anymore. A little sideways and I'm not as quick as I was to correct. His turn and he catches on fast. Watching him back down the road and burn back to the drive way he brings back memories. He then thought he was Dick Landy. 16 and to big for his britches, but did he look good. Car goes in shed because he has to take it apart and inspect just to see. We are having fun. He rides bus to school, but word gets around. Local top dog has big block Nova and starts to drive by daily. Engine is big secret,{imply 502}. A few burnouts ahead of my house sound a little light. I know who built the engine and he won't talk. Race is inevitabe, I warn my son his 440 has a high speed miss but it still runs pritty good. Chevy is unknown entity. Don't get your hopes up. Some time latter he leaves the car assembled long enough to drive it a while and the Nova finds him. He comes home all smiles. See dad, all Mopar. He is happy, local Chevy fans want to call Wally Parks for a tech inspection and rule change. I say he'll be back, better find the miss. He did. Broken valve spring.
Old 05-04-2000, 05:25 AM
CrAzYMoPaRGuY !!

If it's a ZZ502 crate motor - it's a dog.
If you're a GM guy - you already know.
Old 05-04-2000, 11:12 PM
Inactive User

another kid with more common sense than dad LOL i turned my dad from a chebbie man into a mopar man too he just bought another dakota sport 5.9 and had to trade two gm's in ha ha. he was die hard chevy now he's talking about mopars return to nascar thinking he might have to pull for wild bll from dawsonville next year see its never late to teach old dogs new tricks LOL
Old 05-05-2000, 03:50 AM
Inactive User

Are the body templates going to let a Dodge win or just get close?
Old 05-09-2000, 09:45 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

well you can bet it isnt going to finish 1-2-3 on its maiden voyage know what i mean ie 1970
Old 05-10-2000, 12:39 AM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

if it were up to nascar no one would ever get a 1-2-3 finish. And the way they slant the rules, its not really possible anymore. When Nascar was "Stock car racing"..it was..
now its a big IROC race. Which is probably better for spectators in general.I guess
Old 05-10-2000, 03:53 AM
Inactive User

I think you are right. It was more interesting for me when they weren't jugling body templates to level the field. But the biggest sellers on monday get to lead on sunday. I was always an Indy car fan but the split has taken something from that. F1 is very interesting to read about but the racing is boreing, block for your teamate until he has a big lead, then race. Lets see you try that in this country. You'd never get out of the pits without a fight. At least thats the way it was as these racing series were growing into what they are today. All different now. Maybe its better. Brother-in-law builds shock absorbers for sprint cars, supplies shocks for Sammy Swindel, says sprint car racing is still great. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Mopar is champ in 99 with one entry. Mark Kinser. Not much press on sprint cars though.