Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 06-19-2000, 07:20 PM

Went to the local car hang out on the week end. Or should I say the chevy show , well as usual the dodge guys looked at the old 440 Dart(11 sec car ) and the bowtie bozos turned up their noses. I couldnt believe how they talked about how fast thier cars were but as they pulled out on the street most had trouble spinning the tires past first gear. I Pulled out roasted them in 1,2,3 and I got me a 396 chevelle fish on the hook. The guy came flying up beside me ,I was happy he had a roll bar (so does my dart ) so I figured this could be a good race . Well he tried 3 times and I beat him from a rolling start a standing start and a 2nd gear excelleration .
The standing start was best because I had to feather the throttle out of the hole so as not to go up in smoke,by now he has a car length on me , I passed him with the tires still smokeing so fast that I thought the old chevy had quit .Just imagine if I would of had the slicks on . He gave up after that,the best thing was he had a couple of bowetie buddies following him watching. They didnt try. I wonder why ? I love 440 darts.
Old 06-19-2000, 11:16 PM
Inactive User

Cool

RR, that wasn't that maroon '66/67 rag with the slots on it was it...at best a mid 13's car...

I finally got the trans/conv from Jim put in sun, started to rain before I really got a chance to try it out...

Did manage to get a modded R/T to run on 99 St, and late 70's vette just off Jasper Fri night...hehe!

Like I said before, bloody thing looks almost docile...

Dana
Old 06-20-2000, 05:17 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by SportFury413:
RR, that wasn't that maroon '66/67 rag with the slots on it was it...at best a mid 13's car...

I finally got the trans/conv from Jim put in sun, started to rain before I really got a chance to try it out...

Did manage to get a modded R/T to run on 99 St, and late 70's vette just off Jasper Fri night...hehe!

Like I said before, bloody thing looks almost docile...

Dana
Could of been I had heard from a buddy that the car was low 13 teens.I guess he thought he could beat any old Dodge.
How did the tranny with Jim go . Cheetah valve body ? deep pan ? bolt in sprag ?He is quite the guy. Im sure you will be happy. Were you @ Soda Jerks Friday. I wanted to street drag @ the track but as you know it was rained out.I was going to go downtown after but I had prior commitments. E-mail me if you are going out this weekend and maybe we can hook up.

[This message has been edited by rat roaster (edited June 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by rat roaster (edited June 20, 2000).]
Old 06-20-2000, 05:03 PM
Inactive User

Cool

RR, hmmm, that chevelle might be quicker now, haven’t seen him run this year…but still not quick enough for u, more my league…imagine the look on his face when my Fury hangs with him...LOL!

Soda Jerks…nope…my car isn’t that pretty yet…maybe once the ’66 gets out of the shop, I’ll take it down there.

Ya on the trans, I wussed out on the manual valve body…went with a 10” conv, and for the trans itself, 4 pin planetarys, 4 clutch direct and forward drums, ridged intermediate band, new rear band, bronze #3 washer, 5.0 lever, deep chry trans pan, hi flow filter, kolene steels, red racing clutches, trans-go stage 2 shift kit… rain cancelled my inpromptu test and tune after thou…so no results other than the converter seems to be bang on the 3200 spec…had Jim make it tight as he could…my only complaint was that it took a little longer than expected, but hey isn’t that the way it always goes…

Also got the 4.10 detroit locker put in there for Friday’s action…just in time to be rained out again…joy!

Weekend might be a go, I have to see if I can find some tires that h