Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 05-23-2000, 05:45 AM
Inactive User

Hi, I have a '96 DOHC 5 speed neon with an AEM intake and rex FMM inserts. I raced my friends chevy truck with a 305 the other day. I pretty much kicked his ass. I got a good lauch with my FMM inserts in there and the next day he was really surprised I beat him. I was probably about 5-7 car lenghts ahead of him. I also beat a late 80's model Thunderbird with some kind of v8. It's cool driving a 4 cylinder beating up on v8s.

Andrew
Old 05-23-2000, 02:32 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

Ram He probably would have you off the line if you were in the Ram. I have a 95 Neon SOHC 5-speed and it is very quick off the line. Has a dead spot between 3000 and 3500 though. I havent had a chance to have my cuda out but the neon wouldnt be that far behind for the first 60 feet I would bet.

Now for the second thing here we are not here to get after fellow mopars beating on the shuvvies and ferds. Lets support each other.

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383 Formula S recreation
Working on adding EFI
69 'Cuda Race Parts Car
76 Duster 273 recent transplant
95 Neon 2.0 SOHC best of 16.96
84 Dodge Ram D50 transplanting 360
Old 05-23-2000, 10:08 PM
Inactive User

I will agree with you on that. I only beat chevy and ford v8s, can't beat any mopars.
Old 05-25-2000, 03:57 PM
Inactive User

Angry

Why is everyone against all other makes of cars, except Mopar? Yeah, Mopar is my fav., but all brands have good cars. Others don't have as many, but they still have some. I do own a Mopar, in case you are wondering ... a 67 Dodge Charger that I'm about to put a 383 in. But my daily driver is an 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Yeah, I know, POS Ford. Or is that Ferd?
Anyways, it's not slow. Not that anyone cares, but I did mount the intercooler up front, upped the boost to 17PSI, ported the head and ex. manifold, put in a mild cam, and threw on a 3'' exhaust. Turns low 14s, not bad for a 4 banger in a 3,500lb car. But still, Mopar rules. Let's see how bad I get trashed now ...
Old 05-25-2000, 04:47 PM
Inactive User

The point is this is a Mopar oriented site, hence the name Moparchat.com. I try not to slam other peoples rides but everywhere I go people are trashing my car. It is a large (3400 lb+) 4 door LeBaron that came with a 318, lockup 904 and a lot of goodies like leather, custom wheels cruise, etc. ALl I hear is that it is an old pos hoopty car that isn't worth the gas I put in it and why don't I get a real performance car like a Mustang or Camaro. If I point out that I could get a Dart or Duster, well those aren't Real performance cars. My old Chrysler runs about 4 seconds quicker in the quarter than it used to 16.8 as compared to 20.3 stock, gets about the same mileage as stock and hauls my family just nicely, thank you very much. All the hopup stuff I have done has cost me little. I replaced the Lean Burn, got a factory 4 barrel manifold with a Holley 1850 on top, run good spark plugs and wires, have a 3" open air cleaner and have the timing avanced 4 degrees. I also opened the exhaust a bit to let it breathe better. So if I get on some cars it is just joking. I like all cars but the ones I like best are the ones I own. cruzerjd
Old 05-25-2000, 06:38 PM

cruzerjd. I had an old M-body, a "77" 2-door Diplomat, that i sold a few years back. I still miss the car, and I never should have sold it. The way it drove and road were great. I think all mopars are cool, whether it's a B, F, J, or whatever.
Old 05-26-2000, 08:30 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey I'm sure that "bowtie shirly" and "blue oval turd" have their own web sites that you can go into to thrash us mopar guys. But if your in the MOPAR chat, then lets brag about our MOPARS and trash all the other stuff. Its pride of ownership my friend! Have fun and enjoy it. My wife has a Neon by the way, I hate that little bug looking car, but its got 140k and still runs good! Guess I can't complain. But I will take my Dak, or any Mopar V-8 for that matter, any day over those damn 4 bangers!

Just my 360 cents

------------------
Old 06-20-2000, 07:03 PM
Self proclaimed expert

Yes, every company has made atleast 1 good car. MOPAR has made more great cars than any of the competition. I have owned Fords and Chevies, My first car was a 3/4ton Chevy van with a van special 350. Ran great for a Van. I own a 77mustangCobraII with a 302 2-390 carter 4barrels and a 4spd. Loads of fun to drive. Both gave me a lot of trouble. I own a 69 CUDA, a 92Dakota and a 98 SS/T. I love my MOPARS like family and anyone who doesn't feel that way about MOPAR is missing the point of being on MOPAR chat. I hate to get beat but when I do I pray it's a MOPAR that beats me.