Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-07-2000, 11:56 PM
Inactive User

Biggrin

First off- I don't hate any make of car. If someone invests their sweat in building a car, I appreciate the effort!
However- when I was 16 (now 40), myself, girlfriend, and her brother were cruising the local sceen where people raced (something I did quite a bit). We were in my Duster (stock) when a guy pulled next to us in a Ford Pickup and did a chirp burnout at a stoplight.
When the light turned green we both nailed it and ran as hard as possible all the way up to apprx 100 mph. At the end of the run he was about 1 truck length ahead of me.
At the next light, he stops, leans over and yells out the window "Don't feel bad, this has a 460, 4 barrel, and headers"; to which I yelled back "I don't feel bad, this has a 318, 2 barrel, and single exhaust with 3 people in the car and you only beat me by 1 length!"
He had the strangest look on his face and we laughed our ass off all night long about this!
Old 09-08-2000, 12:23 AM
Inactive User

JOHN,welcome aboard,GREAT STORY!sometimes when you lose,you win!
Old 09-09-2000, 05:56 AM

John.....,May I commend you on your very diplomatic response to the pick-up pilot!Dont you love it ! You basically told thisguy his Ford was a big Turd..,without actually telling him his Ford "WAS" a BIG TURD. NO wonder you and your buddys were busting a gut! BRAVO!!!

------------------
WEDGEMAN3
Old 09-09-2000, 08:39 PM
Plutonium Member

Thumbs up

Great story! Welcome to MOPARChat!

------------------
Kenny

2000 Intense Blue Ram 1500 Quad Cab Sport SLT+, 5.9 L, Auto, 3.55 Sure Grip, Service Group (big battery, transmission oil cooler, & heavy-duty engine cooling), MOPAR tonneau, MOPAR bedliner, MOPAR Ram mudflaps, MOPAR side moldings, Flowmaster 50-series SUV muffler with heat shield, JBA silver ceramic coated headers, Quick D throttle body, K&N Gen II FIPK, and MOPAR PCM, 180 degree thermostat, and R/T Cam Package (cam & lifters), new valve springs & retainers,and new timing chain.
Old 09-18-2000, 09:14 PM
Moparchat Barracuda Owner

Good story

I had the same type of thing the other day.

I had a Camaro pull up next to me in my neon.
I guess he wanted to show his girl friend how hot his car was or something. She was good looking though (the girl not the car). lol

Anyways light goes green i take off in first he squawks em and takes off a car ahead right off the bat. I stay behind not really pushing it anyways but pulled it enough to stay close. Now mind you I wouldnt be able to beat him anyways. But I stayed there and let him go when my turn came up. He probably was braggin about it all but I knew he would beat me and dint care. For gods sake its a 2.0 neon vs a 350 LT1 what would you expect.

It was fun and all I could think about was what if I had the 'cuda.
I laugh at these guys even if I loose because usually I can keep up to a degree.

Christian

------------------
68 'Cuda 383 Formula S recreation
Working on adding EFI
69 'Cuda Race Parts Car
76 Duster 273 recent transplant
95 Neon 2.0 SOHC best of 16.96
84 Dodge Ram D50 transplanting 360