Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-24-2000, 04:56 PM

So i was driving home from work at about 10:30 pm. The limit was 35 and i was doing my usual 45 down it (it was a four lane road). Then i pass dome Mazda 626 with an intake, exhaust and a 5spd. I know this because i helped install the intake...it was a friend of mine. So I passed him with my 94 concorde with about $30 worth of performance, and he starts tailing me. Them when i switch lanes he get up beside me and revs his engine. So i see him trying to pass me, so i just floor it. So does he. And pretty soon my needle is edging 70 around the sharp turn of the road. By now he is about 10 car lengths back and then my radar detector goes ape. CRAP. I see a cop and I realize that he probably tagged me, so i go whatever any smart american would do, run like hell. By the time he turned around i was too far ahead to catch, but my friend that was a different story. He ducked into a side street and managed to hide out at a friends house. But i got bragging rights for the next week.
Old 09-25-2000, 01:10 AM
Inactive User

Now I've done some stupid things in my time, but running from a cop has never been one of them.

[This message has been edited by Dart 65 (edited September 24, 2000).]
Old 10-07-2000, 02:31 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Back in the day I had an 80 Dodge Mirada, 360, punched, camed, header, twice pipes, and 2.73 gears to boot. Not much off the line but able to hit 60 still in first gear. One night my buddy and I were out cruzing and we hit the highway. He wanted to see what it could do for top end so I floored it. Now the speedo stopped at 90, but the tack would read 1800 at 85. Going by these figures I guess we were doing about 140 by the time I saw the cop hit his lights on the other side of the freeway. By the time he got turned around we were probably a mile ahead of him. I took the exit, took the first street, and killed the lights. We sat there for about a minute and didnt see him. I figure he probably didnt wanna try to catch us, or he didnt see us take the exit.
Old 10-08-2000, 07:32 AM
Inactive User

I ,too, would think in 99.9% of situations one would not run from a cop in pursuit. But...in these cases the cops really didn't have time to react so as to have the upper hand. The "suspects" were more like U.F.O.s--"now you see 'um now you dont", kind of thing!

------------------

Old 10-09-2000, 08:33 PM
Self proclaimed expert

I got to agree with you montrose. I don't run, but if they don't get anywhere near me then I ain't slowing down so they can.