Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-11-2000, 07:31 PM
Self proclaimed expert

I have a buddy with a 2000 Harley Sportster 883. We had to take it halfway across the island to get the belt adjusted on it the other day. I accidentaly forgot I was supposed to follow him and ended up beside him at a redlight:ROLLEYES: I saw the green first and jumped him off the line by a length. I thought he was gonna clean my clock so I just left it in D and gave it some gas off the line. He finally caught me at about 70 and would have squeezed me out by the end of a measured 1/4mile. I told him we'd have to run again and I'd give him an honest run this time. My truck and his bike run really even all the way up to 95mph. I couldn't believe it. We made it halfway across the Island got the bike fixed and made it back to work in 30 minutes flat. We had a Pukeiack Slumfire try to stay with us on the way back. I slowed down and let her get beside me then walked off and left her again.
Even though we run about even he says ricers try to run his bike constantly but I actually have trouble getting a race. Shows the ricer mentality though. They think they are so fast they can race a bike but won't bother with a "SLOW" fullsize truck.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:03 PM
Inactive User

To bring up a point about bikers, you gotta give these older ladies and 'gents with the Harleys some credit. Here in NY they are pretty safe drivers. These young dummies on crotch rockets are another story. I keep telling myself they will learn when they end up smashing against my truck or find themselves with a "crushing" view of my undercarriage or someone elses.

------------------
1988 Dodge Ram D100, 3.9 V-6, Throttle Body Fuel Injection, Chrysler A-999 Transmission, Chrysler 8.25 Rear with 3.54 gear, Hercules Step Bumper 1200#tongue/12000#pull, Reese Hitch 750#tongue/7500#pull, Hopkins "Quick Connect" Trailer Plug, Hopkins trailer circuit breaker, Kenwood AM/FM Stereo CD player, Pioneer 5 speaker system, Mohawk aluminum cap(painted to match truck) with custom installed PM red/yellow marker lights and PM third brake light, Blazer 55 watt Driving Lights, 2 sets of Custom Cut Floor Mats Red and Burgundy, Lighted Cupholders with control switch.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:22 PM
Self proclaimed expert

my buddy is my age, 25. We run fast but try not to weave in and out of traffic if we can help it. Had a Geo Prizm rattle his fart tip at us that day too I recommend riding a bike faster than traffic especially on this Island. Twice that day someone ran up about three feet off his back tire. I have an intense fear of someone having a freak accident on a bike and falling under my truck. More than once I've blocked for Bikes on the highway to keep idiots off their tails.
Old 10-12-2000, 01:01 AM
Inactive User

I would never attack a biker with my truck or another driver for that matter. Most times, I am very low keyed when it comes to driving(honk my horn,flash my lights) unlike my girl, the roadrage queen. When I come to a stop behind a biker I feel weird like I should be way back(usually am) so I don't crush them. I feel that I'm being violated when they weave in and out of traffic, cut me off, blow past me at 100+ miles and hour and scare the $h!t out of me and tailgate me like they are attached to my truck, and basically break every law in the book for driving. Not only do they pose a threat to my safety but to other people who are driving around me. I find that they tailgate very very close since they have a good view of how close they are. The last thing I would want to do is crush one of these guys/gals. I don't know if I could drive after something like that. I don't think they realize how much a car weighs until they tangle with one. They must have this invincibility about them or something. Here in NY I feel they are the most dangerous type of motorist on the road. Don't get me wrong. Not everyone that has a bike is stupid. I guess sensibility comes with age for some people and never at all in others This also goes for people driving an auto too but to a lesser degree. People tell me I drive like I'm a 60 year old but I like driving that way and I've saved myself from would-be accidents because of my habits. Althought I've had a little fun once or twice(literally)I'll save most my racing roadrage for the track if I ever get there........

------------------
1988 Dodge Ram D100, 3.9 V-6, Throttle Body Fuel Injection, Chrysler A-999 Transmission, Chrysler 8.25 Rear with 3.54 gear, Hercules Step Bumper 1200#tongue/12000#pull, Reese Hitch 750#tongue/7500#pull, Hopkins "Quick Connect" Trailer Plug, Hopkins trailer circuit breaker, Kenwood AM/FM Stereo CD player, Pioneer 5 speaker system, Mohawk aluminum cap(painted to match truck) with custom installed PM red/yellow marker lights and PM third brake light, Blazer 55 watt Driving Lights, 2 sets of Custom Cut Floor Mats Red and Burgundy, Lighted Cupholders with control switch.
Old 10-12-2000, 03:14 PM
Self proclaimed expert

I can understand the urge to open up a bike, That is really what they are for, to have fun on. I can't understand thinking that because you have a bike you can drive however you want. I did try to knock one guy off his bike though. I worked with him and I was stopping at an intersection and he squeezed between me and the curb to cut around me. I hadn't quite stopped yet so I drifted to the right and closed the gap. I laughed my butt off as he teaterd back and forth trying not to fall over. He was only doing about 5mph. By the way, I wouldn't try to hurt anyone seriously for just being annoying. I just had to bruise his ego a little.
Old 10-26-2000, 12:22 AM
Inactive User

I hear ya Guam. Keep your eyes peeled and be careful. That's about all we can do.