Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 12-12-2000, 11:22 PM

I've been a Mopar fan all my life. Everyone else was always chevy or ford. Staying with my guns over the years has been hard but Richard Petty taught me one thing. Chrysler products are the best performers year end and year out. I believe it!

Recently, there has been some out spoken Mustang girls, (not females, but girls)who for some reason believe they have the fastest vehical around.

I decided to sale my Durango and buy a Quad Cab Dakota because of the performance potential. Even though it does weight 4573 lbs it does have plenty of potential.

Today, I had a chance to live a dream come true. To put a Mustang girl in his place. I have always had all the confidence in the world that I could take a stock 5 speed Mustang. My truck is not totally stock, (regular bolt on mods) but you have to look at the challenge to appreciate it.

3600 lbs vs 4573 lbs
Car vs Truck
5 Speed vs Auto

I would take those odds all day long if they were in my favor. Today I had a guy in new Mustang showing off burning rubber from light to light. Just so happens (thank God) we caught a light together.

From the start, I pulled him half a truck lenght, no surprise yet. What was so fantastic is that when I shifted into second, I pulled him another 3 feet. I would have expected him to gain some ground, but he didn't. We ran to about 80 before he cut out.

I know my truck will run 15.28 at 89 mph which is not bad. Not bad at all! I've had some small run in's with a couple of Z28's also. Never a full run, just playing around. Out of the two so far, neither could pull me at all. I wounder how good it would feel to hook up with one of them?
Old 12-13-2000, 02:05 PM

QUADDAK. I just love to hear stuff like that. In my mind thought, the chevy bozos are the biggest anal cavities around. They don't want to hear about our Mopars, old or new. They aren't the smartest people in the world, generally, and they'll just have to learn the hard way. Nice Kill.
Old 12-13-2000, 05:31 PM
Inactive User

Nice Job! True, you mention mopar around those guys and they are like automatic transmissions. The automatically say they are garbage and most dont have any knowledge of what they really are.

------------------
1988 Dodge Ram D100, 3.9 V-6, Throttle Body Fuel Injection, Chrysler A-998 Transmission, Chrysler 8.25 Rear with 3.54 gear, Hercules Step Bumper 1200#tongue/12000#pull, Reese Hitch 750#tongue/7500#pull, Hopkins "Quick Connect" Trailer Plug, Hopkins trailer circuit breaker, Kenwood AM/FM Stereo CD player, Pioneer 5 speaker system, Mohawk aluminum cap(painted to match truck) with custom installed PM red/yellow marker lights and PM third brake light, 2 sets of Custom Cut Floor Mats Red and Burgundy, Custom modified Lighted Cup holder/Console with control switch.