Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > Street Warrior Forum - great street race stories.....

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-24-2000, 04:04 PM
Self proclaimed expert

I'm cruising on the highway the other day(Guam has 1 highway) I passed this red 4door tercel with a spoiler and fart tip and aftermarket rims at a light. They are rattling the coffeecan pretty hard and I slow down and let them catch me. Then I give it half throttle and stay with them, barely pulling ahead. I can tell the guy has it floored so I dropped back to his rear bumper then floored it. I walked him hard by the time I hit 90. We were at about 70 when I really got on it. I know this guy had to have thought he was beating me when I dropped back. I wish I could have read his mind when I kicked it down and blew past him. I can't imagine being in a car, thinking it's fast and that you are beating a fullsize truck, then hearing the truck kick down and walk away. The sad thing is, a few days before that I had a Toyota pickup with no fart tip give me a better run and he was less annoying.
I wish people would remember that if you build your exhaust to make power it will make more noise, but if it makes more noise it doesn't always make more power.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:57 PM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Hey Guam, I laughed at this story. I agree with you 100 percent on the exhaust. I wish I was there to experience that passy by you did on the soy saucer car. I have done something similar to a Honda crx just recently. I was in downtown Reno, where I live, and I was cruising down the freeway at about 70-75 mph in my GTX and I see the crx (slow rx) getting on the freeway from the spaghetti bowl interchange and he sees me, I see him, and he starts to speed up in another gear so I kind of let him get ahead of me as we are now doing about 80-85 mph. Then it was time to shut him down. So I drop it in 2nd gear and just blow past him and his punk friend like they were sitting still. LOL I hit about 115 mph with plenty to go but when I saw his car disappearing in traffic in my rearview mirror, I gave up. LOL, sure felt good to embarrass someone in a soy saucer who thinks it's fast when they are not!!! Take care my friend.
Scott
Old 12-19-2000, 07:25 PM

I wish I had more of those ricers around here to race. The few I see are all a bunch of baggy pants high school kids who probably don't even know what a car payment is. My /6 Valiant isn't all that fast, but my '79 Aspen R/T 360-4 would beat them.
Old 01-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Read : Untouchable

Hey guys
i know exactly how you feel about the punk teenagers in their little rice-eaters..i am a punk as far as you people are concerned. at the age of 16, most of my friends drive little hopped up acuras and hondas, but i have stayed true to my father's teachings; my 69 dart can destroy all of them, easy as pie. i have a friend who tries to argue my superior displacement with his brand new technology. his 2001 acura 3.5RL has 'superior' technology to my 30+ year old mill, and while mine has a total of 3000 in it, his is worth almost 50g's of cash. and while my car is bought with all my own money, and the supreme is bought with my own money, his is paid for by mommy and daddy. but do you think his traction control system can even come close to me? no sir.
i can have him by 3 car lengths after i finish 1st gear.
so much for technology.
Old 01-03-2001, 12:53 PM
Read : Untouchable

Hey Guam, one question
how fast are those ss/t's? my buddy has a dakota r/t, and, while i doubt its as fast as the dak, it sure sounds like you have a lot of fun with it.
just would like to know =Ã
Old 01-07-2001, 03:38 AM
Inactive User

Red face

Hey guys, can relate to what your talkin about, here's one of mine. I'm into sleepers, even though I have a '68 GTX and '70 Charger R/T, but I had this '88 full size Dodge conversion van . . short wheelbase and only 3 years old at the time. Only problem was it only had a 225 6 banger. That wouldn't do! So, did a little research and ended up putting a 440/375 HP. With dual exhaust and hemi mufflers, you couldn't tell until you slammed the gas. Anyway, this punk kid comes up beside me in his daddy's Nissan 300 ZX at a stop light I'm sitting at and looks back over his shoulder and gives me a little smerk. Really didn't think much of it 'til the light turned green and I heard him chirp the tires as he slammed the gas. Guess it's just natural reaction when you hear that to do the same. He got a length out on me and I couldn't resist the temptation and thought "No way, baby, your not getting away" and punched it. The tires started smokin' a little and squalling as I bolted past him . . . wish you could have seen the expression on his face as this heavy family conversion van was blowing his hot little doors off as he was driving daddy's car. I got a chuckle out of it, anyway. Happy motoring!
Old 01-24-2001, 08:37 PM
Inactive User

hey git,

I'm not up on the dodge vans of the 80's but in 1988 the dodge pickups went to EFI (238,318) and the 3.9 V-6(238) replaced the 3.7 /-6(225). Did the van line get the 3.9 later on or something?

------------------
1988 Dodge Ram D100, 3.9 V-6, Throttle Body Fuel Injection, Chrysler A-998 Automatic Transmission, Chrysler 8.25 Rear with 3.54 gear, Hercules Step Bumper 1200#tongue/12000#pull, Reese Hitch 750#tongue/7500#pull, Hopkins "Quick Connect" Trailer Plug, Hopkins trailer circuit breaker, Kenwood AM/FM Stereo CD player, Pioneer 5 speaker system, Mohawk aluminum cap(painted to match truck) with custom installed PM red/yellow marker lights and PM third brake light, 2 sets of Custom Cut Floor Mats Red and Burgundy, Custom modified Lighted Cup holder/Console with control switch.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT Laramie 2x4, 5.9 V-8, Chrysler 46RE Automatic Transmission........more to come........
Old 01-24-2001, 08:47 PM
Moderator and HEMI FIEND

Hey Git
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAH
That was awsome
That reminds me of a story I read by one of the editers of MoparMuscle. This editors dad was an R+D engineer for Chrysler in the early 60s, so he(the dad) got to drive around some pretty strange cars. This one story centered aroud a acartain 1964 polara stationwagon..but get this, the engineers had installed an early preproduction Hemi in it to see how it did under moderate load(wagons are heavy sleds)and in "normal" driving conditions. Anyway This editor is just a kid at the time and in the back of this Polara. THey were on there way home from the grocery stor when a new 396, 65 Vett pulls next to them at the light. The dad tells the kids to sit down and buckle up. THe kids know whats going to happen so they do it. As the light turns green the vett pulls forward, and the wagon stays beside him. Well eventually the vett guy doesnt like having the wagon filled with kids and groceries next to him so he gets on it. Well needless to say, the only thing that the vett guy saw was a ugly polara bumper and some kids pointing and laughing at him throught the wagons rear window.
HA!
musta been great to have a dad with that cool of a job
Maxwedge
Old 01-31-2001, 09:01 AM
Inactive User

Man I've been away from this forum for too long. These stories are great! The ricer phenomenon is growing stronger everyday around here. I don't get it. What's even funnier is that I had a kid in a Geo Metro (not riced out)today trying to out gun me from a light. I did the same thing, Let him get ahead then blew him away. What was he thinking?