Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > Technical Forums > Performance Talk

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Inactive User

Default Oil pan help 416

NEED some help please...

OK, got a 340, going into a 64 Dart. It has a 4" forged crank. I need a better than stock oil pan. I have these issues

Do not really want to go with the Milodon 8qt, I need more ground clearance.

Would like to use their new 7qt street / strip pan but do not know for sure if it works ok? Someone said it hits the crank? This pan seems like it would be the best if it would work ok? Does anyone know or has used it yet? I wonder
how-why it does not clear when a stocker pan clears the crank. I am aware I may have a slight notching of the K frame, no biggy. And the Moroso is way to deep for the Dart on the street.

I also saw a 6qt Kevco pan 7 with the filter, I do not know if Canton now has a pan that will work either, but they have some new circle dirt track pans. If I went with the 6qt I would add dual external oil filters and an oil cooler. In any case, I am going with a remote filter for more header room regardless of which pan.

What ever pan will work does anyone know if I can re-use the stock windage tray with the said pan? I know I will have to beat up the stock windage tray to make it clear, but that is all I know. I also thought that if I could go with the 7 qt Milodon the tray windage tray may be less of an issue.

So besides the 8qt pans what are you guys using and what works and still gives decent ground room?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Inactive User

Quote:
I know I will have to beat up the stock windage tray to make it clear,
My stock tray cleared just fine. As for the pans, I've only run the ones you don't want to, so I'm no help there.

torch
Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Inactive User

Thanks, I know a few guys with TTI headers had ??s a while back, and I know the headers clear, just need to find a guy with a stroker and the new LO PRO pan.

What all did it take to get the tray to clear the 4" crank?

thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Banned

Biggrin

I'd use the Kevko pan. Best pan for the money. IT has plenty of room and you should not have to notch the K frame if you use the stock type unit. Tha'ts the one we use.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post

What all did it take to get the tray to clear the 4" crank?

thanks
All I did was flatten it out a little to bring the edges closer to the pan rails. I think it also helped me that the Eagle rods I got had 12 point nuts, which dont stick out as much as the six point nuts did.

torch
Old 03-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Inactive User

Hey dwc43

I went ahead and ordered the Kevco 6qt pan. On the early A body's 64 Dart it does not have that lip everyone is talking about notching, but I was also concerned about the drag link hitting the pan too.

So I think this pan with dual remote oil filters and maybe a cooler is the hot ticket. That should put me in the 8-9 qt range with the added lines and 2 big filters.