Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 09-10-1999, 05:40 PM
Mopars win..others whine

Reading Jayski.com reports that Mopar is trying to keep these two on for the 2001 season in the Cup series debut. The article I guess to me means is that Mopar does not want to lose these two great drivers before they can get back into the Cup series with the Intrepid. These two drivers have made a name for themselves this season and with all the openings coming open in the Cup series,I guess they do not want to lose them. I bet they will pay a lot of money to kind of keep them on a "retainer" so to speak. And by the way, Mopar did make i fine showing in last nights race, 5 in the top 10 with the highest finishing 3rd. Including these five there was a total of 7 in the top 15. To me with only 8 trucks in the race, this is not a bad ratio.
Old 09-10-1999, 05:58 PM
Inactive User

I hope that Mopar does keep Compton and Setzer around. They are both doing pretty good in the truck series. I think this points to the fact that at least one of the truck teams will be moved up to WC by Chrysler when they return.
Old 09-12-1999, 03:58 AM
Inactive User

I could see those teams running some winston cup dates next year,when ever the 2 series'es are at the same place or 1 has the weekend off.That would real interesting to see a part time effort(beats a blank).They aren't just going to go cup and kick ass right off the bat,it takes time to win at that level,even tony stewart has a top notch team behind him ,and he's tried real hard,and just got one tonight.
Cya
Caveman