Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 01-09-2000, 04:33 AM
Inactive User

Just wanted to get in here and say Hi to everyone. I would also like to see more of us who race Mopar products use this board to trade tips and tricks. You know, what it takes to get more horse from our motors, more handling from our suspensions.

I've road raced a dodge shelby charger (86-88) and I currently oval track (pavement) race a Dodge Ram 1500. I've won championships in both classes, and am always on the lookout for ways to go faster.
Old 01-09-2000, 09:00 PM

I race an 85 Charger on a 3/8 mile dirt track. I run basically stock with no computor and have pretty good success. I plan to do some modifications for this year to try and get a little better.

[This message has been edited by 4MOPAR (edited January 09, 2000).]
Old 01-12-2000, 06:19 AM
Inactive User

I got to know how you "back" a front whell drive car into the corner?
I'd like to know how you do?
What combo are you using and what is the class?
Old 01-12-2000, 08:32 PM

The class is mini-stock. I race mostly against pintos and mustangs. I have only driven for half a season. My worst finish is 6th and my best is 3rd. We usually have 12-18 cars. I had to stop for a while because of my new job was taking up a lot of my time. When I quit at mid season, I was second in points. I didn't think that was too bad for my first time racing.My engine was completely stock. Niether the head nor the pan has been off the car. Most of the ford guys have lots of mods. The FWD has a tendancy to push. You have to use left foot braking to keep it controlable. As soon as it starts to drift up apply pressure to the brake and it comes back down. I take the corners a bit faster than the RWDs. I use light springs in the front and heavy in the rear. I am doing some engine work over the winter and intend to race the whole season this year. My cousin drove the car last year. We pulled the engine out of a junkyard car, put it in and started it up. It didn't smoke so we desided to use it to see what the car woud do. He one the very first race.
Old 01-13-2000, 05:13 AM
Inactive User

When I raced My shelby charger, It would be loose in the corners. This was in road racing, and to get a FWD car to do this was great cuz you could just nail the throttle and off you went. On dirt I couldn't tell you how to do that. Heavy springs on the back will help. We also drilled out the camber hole to 9/16ths, this allowed us more that enough negitive camber. If it was turbo charged I could tell you some more power secrets. I did have the engine built by Arrow race engines in Michigan, they did dodges R/D work. Made 160 horse to the ground. Not bad for a "stock" motor.