Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide!

Go Back   Moparchat - Home of MOPAR enthusiasts worldwide! > General Chat > MOPAR NASCAR!

Click here to search for Mopar cars and parts for sale.

Old 10-15-1999, 12:30 AM
Inactive User

Cool

Well, it's now official! Ray Evernham will be owner of the first Dodge 2 car race team. The Intrepid will make it's NASCAR debut at Daytona during Speedweeks prior to the running of the 2001 Daytona 500. There will be no Intrepid on the race track before Feb, 2001 & no drivers have been chosen at this time. Evernham is in the process of building the team at this time & as he said on RPM-2night, if they build a good enough team, "....The drivers will come."

The latest, not 30 minutes old...
DB
Old 10-15-1999, 12:43 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Thank God! Mopar is back in Nascar!!! I have been wishing for this for a long time. I knew Dodge could not avoid this any longer!Lets hope they don't ban the cars when they start kickin Ford and Chevy Butt again...
Old 10-15-1999, 12:45 AM
Inactive User

Thumbs up

Sorry about the Dartman- I also have a 74 Dart Sport 340 4 speed etc...Car Rocks!
Old 10-15-1999, 01:40 AM
Inactive User

I thought Evernhams team was 3 cars.
Old 10-15-1999, 05:39 PM
Inactive User

Yea! Alright! now if they can get some top notch drivers they might do something in a couple of years.We don`t want any cry babies like gordo though.I recommend Setzer for one he`s done a great job in the trucks.I wonder if any of the rainbow warriors will go to Everham`s team.
Old 10-15-1999, 07:33 PM
Inactive User

Cool

Hey, dartman, why are you sorry?!? There are a lot of us, Dart fans! There were hundreds of thousands of them produced, they are *STILL* reasonably priced, & parts are easy to find (You priced E-body cars & parts lately? Now *THAT'S* silly...). They are light, strong, big enough for 4 *ADULTS*, will take almost any engine without complaint, & can be made to handle with the best of the Euro (trash!) "sport sedans" along with most "sports cars." You can check out my 68's specs at:
http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/dbdartman/

The pics should be up within a week.

A-bodies RULE!
DB
Old 01-27-2000, 06:21 PM
Inactive User

Unhappy

A writer at another site came up with a unique look at Evernhams job with Dodge. He says that Evernham is faced with producing a fleet of AVERAGE Dodges, and he's probably right. NASCAR is so determined to have a level playing field that any attempt by Evernham to produce some killer race cars will be stopped by NASCAR. If Ray produces Mopar motors with 20 more horsepower than the Ford's or GM's then they will be penalized. If the aero numbers for the body's are too good the spoiler size will be cut back. Therefore Ray has the hard task of producing a fleet of AVERAGE Dodges to be equal with the AVERAGE Ford's or GM's. Isn't racing fun when you have to design your race car to be equal rather than better?
Old 01-28-2000, 01:31 AM

The smart man would produce a car with some hidden potential. Lets face it. Jeff Gordon always had that 20 hp available when he needed it. It would be a nice thing to have.

I think that the rules will only hurt them if they out perform everybody out there. While this is possible, I suspect Evernham is crafty enough to get some just at the end, in the nick of time wins. I sometimes wondered if he and Jeff really had problems with handling in some races or if they were just sandbagging. Last minute close wins don't draw much attention. If they can produce a performance advantage, they will protect it.

[This message has been edited by 340king (edited January 27, 2000).]